CPU performence issues

ScaryXam

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2014
I've had this CPU for awhile now, and it's done me some real good. But lately I've noticed heavy lag in games that are heavy on the CPU... 2 Examples being Battlefield 4 and CS:GO. I'll start of with Battlefield 4. After experiencing heavy lag with a map on BF4 I restarted my computer, and thought it was fine, to make sure it was I decided to load into a empty map and my fps was fine so I considered what I was near when the lag happened and it was fallen buildings, so I loaded into a empty server, grabbed a tank and shot a building down and boom! 30 fps, giant FPS dips. I got pretty mad and went to play CS:GO, which I saw was averaging around 90 fps... Which I thought was odd cause I used to have 200... I even play on 4:3 and everything low. I'll save you the complaining and misery and give you my specs:

GTX 960 4gb, i5 - 3470, B75M- PLUS mother bored, 8GB ram (Should be enough), 550w PSU, and yea.
I'd love to know if there is any fix to my problems or if I need to replace my CPU in general, or if its not even my CPU!

Thanks for the read! And sorry if its not that well explained, if you need more info ask and I will supply you with it!

Solution
A pc is much like most things in life.
It cannot look after it`s self, it does not tell it`s self what to do.
Nor does it install programs that slow it down and clutter it up.

It`s not the computer that is to blame, a common misconception. But the person who uses it and how they use it.
Nor does it say "Heck i`m a bit cluttered up, I need to do a bit of cleaning so i can run smoother"

Consider this, if you had a car and never checked the oil levels and the water levels, or took it for a service what would happen?

It would be come less reliable and no doubt would perform worse, and move much slower when you stomped on the Gas pedal right ?

Well a computer is just the same, if you look after it, service it and give it a jolly good...

luda100ka

Honorable
Feb 1, 2013
You should try doing basic software checks. Defragmentation, virus check, install CC cleaner if you already haven't etc.
Your graphic card is strong enough, you should be able to play battlefield on 60fps on ultra without any problems.
Do these checks first, it's the first step to identifying the problem

A pc is much like most things in life.
It cannot look after it`s self, it does not tell it`s self what to do.
Nor does it install programs that slow it down and clutter it up.

It`s not the computer that is to blame, a common misconception. But the person who uses it and how they use it.
Nor does it say "Heck i`m a bit cluttered up, I need to do a bit of cleaning so i can run smoother"

Consider this, if you had a car and never checked the oil levels and the water levels, or took it for a service what would happen?

It would be come less reliable and no doubt would perform worse, and move much slower when you stomped on the Gas pedal right ?

Well a computer is just the same, if you look after it, service it and give it a jolly good clean out of junk programs ect.
It will run much better.
There is the fix.
Don`t take this as an insult, but when you use a pc it`s important to set up a regime as you the user of it in order to keep the system running as smooth and fast as it can work.
And when it does not, who exactly did what to it, considering it only does what the user of it does to it, or tells it to do ?

I mean your system is not old, and the specs are decent.
Things to do check what programs are set to auto run at windows startup.
Prevent them from running.
This will free up system memory, and also any programs utilizing the cpu, and running back ground tasks in windows.
allowing more of the processor to concentrate it`s resources on running the game.

Defrag hard drives, check for virus infection, or malware infecting the system.
Delete windows temp files, or error report files generated by windows.
Turn off windows processes that are running not required to run.

All of these small things plus a bit of optimization of the system and windows Os will give better performance.

Solution

ScaryXam

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2014

Amazing, I was to stressed and stuff to realize I was the one to blame. I was not offended so don't worry! I love to try keep a open mind, but I loaded up BF4 turned all my settings to ultra instead of it just being a mix of Ultra/high/medium (Only got a 900p monitor) and blew some buildings up and the lowest dip it got to was 59, I did most of what you said and I'm going to start defragmentation now. Thank you!