Question CPU power consumption doesn't show up in MSI Afterburner

Jun 13, 2022
Hey people, i don't know if i'm posting this thread on the right topic, but, here's the problem:

With MSI Afterburner, i wanted to monitor the performance of the CPU and the GPU in the games, but, i wanted to monitor the power consumption in Watts(W) of these components aswell.

When my PC had a DATEN DT2900 motherboard with a Pentium J2900 soldered in it, i could monitor the CPU's power consumption in the utility. Now, with a i5-650 and a H55H-M2 motherboard, i can't monitor the processor's power draw anymore.

About the GPU's power draw, i think it's because my particular model doesn't have a sensor to monitor that. But what about the CPU's one? Is it because of my motherboard or is it because of the processor?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
The J2900 was a lot newer than the i5-650, might be that the board's sensors are not accessible by MSI Afterburner. Try a more dedicated tool like CPU-Z or CoreTemp.

All GPUs should have power sensors, kind of necessary for most functions, particularly with GPU boost technologies. I suppose, once again, if it is old enough it may no longer be accessible by MSI Afterburner. Try an alternative like GPU-Z.

Jun 13, 2022
Tried with CPU-Z, CoreTemp and some more other tools, but, no success in reading the current power consumption. CPU-Z shows the processor's TDP, but not it's current power draw. I can check the processor's and it's cores' temps and uses.

Tried with GPU-Z aswell. Still not showing up. The video card is EVGA GeForce GT 520 1GB.