Question CPU power fails when connected.

Apr 27, 2020
So I'm having a problem with my new PC specs are
Motherboard - MSI X570 WiFi edge
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600x
PSU - Thermaltake 850W gold
GPU - Radeon Rx580 8gb

When I go to power on PC everything is connected properly it doesn't turn on at all. I breadboard it and took components out to try powering it up. When I plug in the CPU 8pin nothing happens. Once I unplugged the 8pin my motherboard turns on . I plugged in all my satas and GPU without the CPU power plugged in and it turned on.. Once I plug the CPU 8 pin PSU turns off or doesn't turn on.. Is it to weak of a power supply.. or is something wrong with the CPU or Motherboard?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
So I'm having a problem with my new PC specs are
Motherboard - MSI X570 WiFi edge
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600x
PSU - Thermaltake 850W gold
GPU - Radeon Rx580 8gb

When I go to power on PC everything is connected properly it doesn't turn on at all. I breadboard it and took components out to try powering it up. When I plug in the CPU 8pin nothing happens. Once I unplugged the 8pin my motherboard turns on . I plugged in all my satas and GPU without the CPU power plugged in and it turned on.. Once I plug the CPU 8 pin PSU turns off or doesn't turn on.. Is it to weak of a power supply.. or is something wrong with the CPU or Motherboard?

I'd suspect a DOA motherboard.

I assume you double-checked the cabling? The CPU connector ought to be a 4+4 pin.

Apr 27, 2020
I'd suspect a DOA motherboard.

I assume you double-checked the cabling? The CPU connector ought to be a 4+4 pin.

Yeah I double checked all my wiring and I even plugged the PSU into my older tower. The PSU works fine. The wiring for the CPU power on the PSU is 2 sets of 4+4 pins and I've tried multiple patterns still nothing.. once I unplug the CPU from the PSU the Motherboard powers up thats what I'm confused about.