[SOLVED] Cpu problem after changing ram

Vergilangleos

Honorable
Apr 22, 2014
Hello everyone
Today i decided to upgrade my pc 8gb ram to 16gb , but after installing new sticks , system does not boot to bios , icant hear any beeps anymore , after trying and reseatching many things i cant understand what is going on .
Things that i tried :
Insert on stick at a time.. No luck
Remove new sticks and replace old one.. No luck
Insert all 3 sticks in second slot..no luck
Remove mainboard battery.. No luck
Imsert battery again.. No luck
I only know that my mainboard cpu debug led in on .. But i didnt touch cpu , and it was working 30mins before that ,
I cant believe my cpu is the problem it doesnt make sense , what else i can try to find the problem ?! Any advice ?!
My system specs :
Msi a320m gaming
Ryzen 1500x
Crucial 1*8gb ddr4 3000 (old ram)

Solution
Clearing cmos would have at least reset bios to accept any ram.

Only other thing i can think of is possibly the heatsink was bumped and done something to the cpu.

Unless ram is still not seated properly or weren't and you powered up not noticing and shut it down to troubleshoot.

It is weird coz ram won't disable a system in this manner unless something else happened whilest and not noticing.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Clearing cmos would have at least reset bios to accept any ram.

Only other thing i can think of is possibly the heatsink was bumped and done something to the cpu.

Unless ram is still not seated properly or weren't and you powered up not noticing and shut it down to troubleshoot.

It is weird coz ram won't disable a system in this manner unless something else happened whilest and not noticing.

Solution

PdxPetmonster

Reputable
Mar 14, 2017
Did you install the ram right after turning the machine off and unplugging? I wonder if the machine had not entirely discharged all the electricity from the onboard capacitors. I can't say for sure, it's just a theory.

Also, have you made sure the video card is seated correctly? I'm trying to rule things out.....others have already mentioned the 12v plug. I'd go over that system with a fine toothed comb, unplugging and reseating everything.

Reactions: Vergilangleos

legis

Reputable
Jul 17, 2019
Hello everyone
Today i decided to upgrade my pc 8gb ram to 16gb , but after installing new sticks , system does not boot to bios , icant hear any beeps anymore , after trying and reseatching many things i cant understand what is going on .
Things that i tried :
Insert on stick at a time.. No luck
Remove new sticks and replace old one.. No luck
Insert all 3 sticks in second slot..no luck
Remove mainboard battery.. No luck
Imsert battery again.. No luck
I only know that my mainboard cpu debug led in on .. But i didnt touch cpu , and it was working 30mins before that ,
I cant believe my cpu is the problem it doesnt make sense , what else i can try to find the problem ?! Any advice ?!
My system specs :
Msi a320m gaming
Ryzen 1500x
Crucial 1*8gb ddr4 3000 (old ram)
It's quite obvious.... it's probably just your cpu or motherboad not being compatible with the new ram.

Reactions: Vergilangleos

Vergilangleos

Honorable
Apr 22, 2014
Thanks everyone for your quick replies
Problem solved..
I thought removing battery will reset the mainboard settings but turns out i should only reset it with its own pins on board , after that system turned on with new rams , i still dont know why cpu debug led was turned on not ram , at least its ok now
Thanks again