[SOLVED] CPU & RAM not detected. MSI motherboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaviSun3D

Honorable
Jun 7, 2015
Here's my new setup:

CPU: Amd Ryzen 3 1300x (new)
Motherboard: MSI B450M Pro VDH plus (new)
Ram: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16gb x 1 (new)
SSD/HDD: Not installed yet.
GPU: Zotac GeForce 550ti

PSU: 1. Cooler Master Silent pro M2 650W
2. Corsair CS750M

Chassis: 1. Cooler Master cm960 ii advanced
2. Corsair Obsidian 550D

Here's what happened:
I install these newly bought products, I hit the power button, all fans start spinning, but EZ Debug LED on the board shows that the CPU and RAM both are not detected, also no display (through board VGA, or GPU), and nothing happens after that. It stays that way until I turn the PSU off. I tried changing RAM slots, installed CPU twice, tried using 2 different PSUs, but the problem remains the same!

I need help with this.
What can I do?
Where can be the problem?

Last edited:

RaviSun3D

Honorable
Jun 7, 2015
Always list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

I assume you're dealing with a 2x8GB ram kit, that being assumed, which slots are you populating?

CPU: Amd Ryzen 3 1300x
Motherboard: MSI B450M Pro VDH plus
Ram: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 16gb x 1
SSD/HDD: Not installed yet.
GPU: Zotac GeForce 550ti

PSU: 1. Cooler Master Silent pro M2 650W
2. Corsair CS750M

Chassis: 1. Cooler Master cm960 ii advanced
2. Corsair Obsidian 550D

RaviSun3D

Honorable
Jun 7, 2015
What video card do you have installed? You must have one as the Ryzen 3 does not have an integrated GPU.

Sounds like a defective motherboard. Do you have access to another AM4 CPU to swap for troubleshooting?
Yes! I have installed the GPU.
It's ZOTAC 550ti.

But no point in connecting any display if the motherboard LED shows Cpu and Ram not detected.

RaviSun3D

Honorable
Jun 7, 2015
Do you get any beeps when you power the system on? Does anything flash on your display? Does the system immediately power down after you apply power? Have you tried resetting the BIOS?
Not a single thing has been displayed on the screen since the installation. It doesn't power down. It just stays on without any response, with 2 LEDs (CPU & RAM) lit. Yes, I removed the battery of the board and installed it again, if that's what you mean by resetting BIOS!

RaviSun3D

Honorable
Jun 7, 2015
OKAY, here's what worked for me!

After a lot of testing and troubleshooting, I finally found a pretty simple trick that just unexpectedly worked.

First, remove the RAM sticks. Turn On the system without RAM, (it will show the same result as before) turn it off in a few seconds, then install the RAM sticks again, and turn it On. BAM! It detects everything.

Everything is working fine now!

Thank you everyone for the replies! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.