[SOLVED] cpu running 100%

The cpu is Intel® Core™i7 Six Core Processor i7-6800K (3.4GHz) 15MB Cache.

This is my problem , i recently purchased horizon zero dawn for my pc , the optimizing shader launches every time you start the game , it is not supposed to.

Steam discussions pages say this has been happening since a certain update patch was released.

So , my question is , how long can you run a cpu at 100% before it risks damage.

If and when the optimizer stops the cpu usage drops to 27%

Solution
If the processor is under risk of damage it will thermally throttle one or more cores to protect itself. If that fails, then the system will shut itself off to protect the processor from burning out. The problem, IMHO, is that the game isn't optimized properly ever since the new patch others have been complaining on how it taxed the processor more than necessary.

You could still offset some of the issues, by making sure you're on the latest BISO update for your motherboard and that your OS is up to date. Last thing to do is make sure you're on the latest GPU drivers(Use DDU>manually reinstall with the latest drivers in elevated command).

Lutfij

Titan
If the processor is under risk of damage it will thermally throttle one or more cores to protect itself. If that fails, then the system will shut itself off to protect the processor from burning out. The problem, IMHO, is that the game isn't optimized properly ever since the new patch others have been complaining on how it taxed the processor more than necessary.

You could still offset some of the issues, by making sure you're on the latest BISO update for your motherboard and that your OS is up to date. Last thing to do is make sure you're on the latest GPU drivers(Use DDU>manually reinstall with the latest drivers in elevated command).

Solution
Thanks for the reply , as i said i have read that this problem only started after a certain patch was released , everything else you mention is up to date .
My rig cost £3k and users with better set ups than mine say they got same problem , i wont be using the game again until it is fixed.
A £39 game trying to trash my £3k pc .... not taking the risk.

BTW glad you mentioned throttling , i have been a pc geek for a long time but never got round to finding out what that word meant.

Once again thank you.