[SOLVED] CPU running at 74C and <1GHZ

Jan 27, 2021
My CPU seems to be running at 74 degrees C, even whilst idle and as soon as I open a game, the frequency drops to <1 GHZ. This lead to a massive decrease in frames suddenly since last night. I really don't know what to do. Ryzen Master says CPU is constantly at 74C, and as soon as it comes under any substantial load, the frequency drops significantly, any help appreciated, thanks :) Ryzen Master Sreenshot

Solution
My CPU seems to be running at 74 degrees C, even whilst idle and as soon as I open a game, the frequency drops to <1 GHZ. This lead to a massive decrease in frames suddenly since last night. I really don't know what to do. Ryzen Master says CPU is constantly at 74C, and as soon as it comes under any substantial load, the frequency drops significantly, any help appreciated, thanks :) Ryzen Master Sreenshot
turn off amd turbo boost and speed stepping in your bios
turn off amd turbo boost and speed stepping in your bios

Solution