[SOLVED] CPU running at 90c so I installed a Water Cooler, with the posted temperatures - am I in danger

pmbacker1

Reputable
Mar 13, 2018
Please help me as it has been two decades since I passed the A+ Certification exam. My issue is that I am running a AMD Athlon 3200 CPU and I noticed that my temperatures were gradually getting higher after a year of using the CPU. I normally keep my system somewhat cool but I have been told for a long while now that 80-90c is BAD and should NEVER be ran with those temperatures.

So, I decided to take the sale from Newegg and I bought the nicely reviewed CPU water cooler system, shown here (RAIJINTEK ORCUS 240 RBW, an AIO Water cooler for CPU, with 2pcs 12025 ARGB PWM Fans, Copper water block, Durable and reliable PUMP, Rotating Blade with ARGB LED, Compatible with Intel & AMD Socket CPU - Newegg.com ) and I installed it properly.

The coolant pump is both working and it is filled properly with fluid but my CPU Package is still running at 89c when the PC is even idle and not running a game.

What should I do next and for help, I posted the various "Open Hardware Monitor" images below that show my question about my cooling.

Before Watercooling Temps
After Watercooling Temps

Thank you
Paul

Solution
Did you apply fresh thermal paste? Did you make sure to take the plastic, off the bottom of the waterblock? Also high temps can be caused by tightening down the block too far. It will bend the motherboard, and cause gaps that normally wouldn't be there.

logainofhades

Titan
Did you apply fresh thermal paste? Did you make sure to take the plastic, off the bottom of the waterblock? Also high temps can be caused by tightening down the block too far. It will bend the motherboard, and cause gaps that normally wouldn't be there.

Solution