Question CPU running at over 30 million GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2022
To anyone out there,

I'm having a weird problem with my PC. The CPU seems to be running at over 30 million GHz. I'm not sure if it's a Windows problem or a BIOS problem. It has an Intel i7 2600, 8GB RAM, Intel DH67BL version AAG10189-205 motherboard, and the BIOS version is BLH6710H.86A.0076.2010.1115.1959. I've already re-installed Windows but no change happened.

It's kind of worrying because the temps of the cores sometimes average between the 70s and 80s for prolonged periods of time.
Can anyone help?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What OS are you working with and where did you source the installer for said OS from? As a side note, that motherboard should be well into an e-waste bin...might want to inspect the entire board for any bulging or leaking capacitors. What are you using to cool the processor?

You know what? Best list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Jan 7, 2022
Win 10 Pro, version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. The OS came with the PC when I bought it on Gumtree. The previous owner said he had hassles when he reinstalled Windows and couldn't activate it properly, so he said to use KMSpico, which worked. I'm pretty sure it's not legit though.

HDD: ST3500413AS (500GB x2)
GPU: Asus nVidia GT 520 1GB silent
PSU: Cooler Master 600W
Chassis: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer

DSzymborski

Titan
Unfortunately, by site policy, we cannot assist in any way with pirated software.

Get Windows legitimately from Microsoft and do a fresh install. You should never ever be using a PC bought from a stranger without a format and install of Windows in any case.

If there are still problems after you get your PC legal, then free free to start a new thread with all the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.