Question Cpu says it works but after ram it won’t read the cpu ?

Mar 2, 2021
MB: MSI Tomahawk Max
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Ram: Coursair Vengence RGB Pro 3200 speed (2x8)

When I power on the computer with the ram out it will load show a boot progress light. The ram light is lit meaning that the CPU booted but there is no RAM detected ?
I turn the power off and installed the ram sticks and the boot light switched to cpu.

I have also tried both sticks one at a time on each slot but they all make the same error, one time it took a while to get the computer to turn on,

Is my motherboard faulty and not reading the ram? Or is the ram broken, or is the cpu incompatible with the ram?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which slots are you populating with the two sticks of ram? Make and model of the PSU? You might want to turn the wall socket off and then remove the CMOS battery. Replace the battery after 30 mins, then place one stick of ram in slot A2, then try powering up. Also, make and model of your GPU? The processor you have does not have an iGPU so the onboard display ports wont work.

MB: MSI Tomahawk Max
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Ram: Coursair Vengence RGB Pro 3200 speed (2x8)

When I power on the computer with the ram out it will load show a boot progress light. The ram light is lit meaning that the CPU booted but there is no RAM detected ?
I turn the power off and installed the ram sticks and the boot light switched to cpu.

I have also tried both sticks one at a time on each slot but they all make the same error, one time it took a while to get the computer to turn on,

Is my motherboard faulty and not reading the ram? Or is the ram broken, or is the cpu incompatible with the ram?

Has the motherboard BIOS been updated to support the 5600x ?

Mar 2, 2021
Slots are DIMM A2 and B2
Psu is a gigabyte gp-p850gm rated for 80+ gold
Is the cmos battery the cell battery on the mobo?
and I do not have a gpu installed yet I am using the on board boot debugging lights.

Mar 2, 2021
The CPU led on the motherboard lighting up and going off doesn't mean the motherboard is happy with the CPU. It would be best to have a gpu and monitor connected to see if the board if failing during post.

Which of the components are new ? Just the CPU ?
Okay so I’ll try and get a gpu and put this topic on hold and make an updated one in the future if it fails to post