[SOLVED] Cpu selection video editing

Ehmed

Reputable
Nov 20, 2015
Hello.
i want to learn but unable to find difference beetween dedicated and non dedixated graphics difference after installing video card.

for exampla
i5 9400 + gtx 1660ti
i5 9400f + gtx 1660ti

is there any difference for video editing? (we will use adobe premiere pro)

(and will h310 motherboard suit us?)

thank you in advance.
(please do not suggest AMD)

Solution
There is not difference if using a dedicated GPU.
And unless you are specifying in Adobe software to try and use the iGPU on the CPU for video encoding/rendering, then it doesn't matter.

However, with the 9400f, you won't have an iGPU, and therefore the video output ports on the motherboard won't work for extra displays and all displays must be plugged into the graphics card.

And yes, I guess an H310 motherboard will do just fine seeing as how you aren't planning on getting an overclockable CPU and overclocking it.

But you should be aware of how much RAM the board you choose supports in case you have plans for large amounts of RAM, but the board you choose only supports a certain amount that is less than what you want.

And lastly, I...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
There is not difference if using a dedicated GPU.
And unless you are specifying in Adobe software to try and use the iGPU on the CPU for video encoding/rendering, then it doesn't matter.

However, with the 9400f, you won't have an iGPU, and therefore the video output ports on the motherboard won't work for extra displays and all displays must be plugged into the graphics card.

And yes, I guess an H310 motherboard will do just fine seeing as how you aren't planning on getting an overclockable CPU and overclocking it.

But you should be aware of how much RAM the board you choose supports in case you have plans for large amounts of RAM, but the board you choose only supports a certain amount that is less than what you want.

And lastly, I won't suggest buying AMD if you've already have the Intel hardware.

But to buy Intel instead of AMD right now to make a new system with would be a waste of money.
But you do you.

Hopefully that answers all your questions. :)

Solution