Question Cpu speed drops after reaching 50% usage but the temps are normal.

Dec 20, 2022
Hello.

İm on a low end Toshiba L50-B-278 running on windows 11 (Riva OS).
Today i noticed a problem that makes laptop run slower on gaming.
So basically when i open up an game it almost uses 100% cpu usage but the speed drops into 2.49 ghz (cpu runs 2.60 ghz normally.İ tried some settings on throttlestop which none worked.My cpu temps while gaming is 75 on cpu and 80 on gpu. Please let me know if there's a solution , thank you in advance!
Cpu:i5 5200U

Hello.

İm on a low end Toshiba L50-B-278 running on windows 11 (Riva OS).
Today i noticed a problem that makes laptop run slower on gaming.
So basically when i open up an game it almost uses 100% cpu usage but the speed drops into 2.49 ghz (cpu runs 2.60 ghz normally.İ tried some settings on throttlestop which none worked.My cpu temps while gaming is 75 on cpu and 80 on gpu. Please let me know if there's a solution , thank you in advance!
Cpu:i5 5200U
What is happening isn't thermal related but power draw related. The 5200U has a base clock of 2.2GHz and boost of 2.7GHz. Running at 2.5GHz you are already having it boost but that is the limit to what it can do for a sustained period of time. This is normal behavior.

Dec 20, 2022
What is happening isn't thermal related but power draw related. The 5200U has a base clock of 2.2GHz and boost of 2.7GHz. Running at 2.5GHz you are already having it boost but that is the limit to what it can do for a sustained period of time. This is normal behavior.
so its supposed to drop speeds after reaching a threshold?