[SOLVED] CPU Stuck at 3.2GHZ

Jareth Davelaar

Honorable
Aug 7, 2013
Hello all
I currently have a dell inspiron 7559 laptop that im using to run P3D (a flight simulator)

My specs are
I7 6700HQ 2.6ghz 3.5ghz turbo
Nvidia GTX960M

Before i launch p3d the cpu is running at 3.3 - 3.4ghz but when i fire the game up it will drop to 3.2 and will never pass 3.2

I tried setting the minumun and maximun cpu setting thing to 100% but nothing. Im also running in best performance mode. Also cpu throttling is disabled.

How can i make it run above 3.2?

Thanks

Solution
Nope, the adviced turbo speed is the max turbo a single core can achieve when is is only being used one core. The more cores stressed, the less max turbo they can all meet together.

i7-6700HQ
Litography 14 nm
TDP 45W
Cores/Threads 4/8
CPU Base Frequency 2.6 GHz
Turbo – 4 Cores 3.1 GHz
Turbo – 2 Cores 3.3 GHz
Turbo – 1 Core 3.5 GHz
The The max CPU turbo boost frequency will only be reached with sufficient demand. If the flight simulator isn't using the full range of the turbo boost, then I can only assume that it isn't placing enough demand upon the processor.

You can run a CPU stress test to determine that the processor will operate at the turbo boost frequency.

Phazoner

Distinguished
Nope, the adviced turbo speed is the max turbo a single core can achieve when is is only being used one core. The more cores stressed, the less max turbo they can all meet together.

i7-6700HQ
Litography 14 nm
TDP 45W
Cores/Threads 4/8
CPU Base Frequency 2.6 GHz
Turbo – 4 Cores 3.1 GHz
Turbo – 2 Cores 3.3 GHz
Turbo – 1 Core 3.5 GHz

Solution

You are correct.