Cpu suddenly died except the power led..

Hbee

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016
Cpu behaving crazy ..actually dead after cleaning..

I have a compaq presario sr1722il pc.. it is actually 10 years old and has a pentium 4 processor, onboard graphics and 1 gb ram...upgraded from 256 mb...

A year back i packed it as it was not used anymore...

At that time it had a issue..the cpuu would turn on along with mouse or keyboard but monitor wont turn on due to no signal ...i would repeatedly turn it on off and it would work or sometime blew up the dust using a blower...

Now after 1 year i turned it on..same happened...even after blowing it didnt turn on...the monitor was getting no signal..

So i read online that removing and re inserting the cmos cell would do the work...i reinserted the cell, the ram stick and blew out a lot of dust....

And thrn turned it on.. as soon as i switched on the power outlet in the wall... the light on cpu case (in front) indicating whether the pc is working or not ...turned on...i didnt pressed the power button on cpu.......and after switching off the power outlet..the led on cpu case remained on for 5 sec...its too strange ..this never happened... also i saw that none of the fans worked after the cmos reinserting... nor the cpu case fan, nor the heatsink fan, nor the psu fan were working..online the power led was on. ..not even the keyboard mouse and dvd writer started....

Wht to do now...m