[SOLVED] CPU supply voltage, temp sensor

Jan 26, 2022
What is the typical supply voltage for a CPU? I have seen numbers around 3.3V. If a part of the cpu containts a digital temperature sensor which requires a 3.3V input, will the sensor work completley fine?
Thank you

Solution
I was looking into digital thermal sensors (DTS) used in CPUs. Ive found that some DTS have a 3.3-5V supply voltage, wanted to know what kind of input it would get when used in a CPU.
They probably aren't used inside a CPU, if that's what your wondering. The sensors inside a CPU are integral to the CPU so they will doubtless require a voltage consistent with the rest of the CPU.
Jan 26, 2022
I was looking into digital thermal sensors (DTS) used in CPUs. Ive found that some DTS have a 3.3-5V supply voltage, wanted to know what kind of input it would get when used in a CPU.

They probably aren't used inside a CPU, if that's what your wondering. The sensors inside a CPU are integral to the CPU so they will doubtless require a voltage consistent with the rest of the CPU.

Solution