CPU Temp jumps 40 degrees instantly

Thril3r

Reputable
Feb 6, 2016
Hello everybody, I'm a little worried about my pc. Short story, I've move and took my pc with the plane in a luggage. Dissembled the big components (radiator, GPU) and put them back when I've arrived. I also changed the thermal paste.

The problem is that my CPU Temp is jumping and it didn't had this problem before. Do you have any ideas why is it doing that? Some of my thoughts were:

1. Thermal paste is garbage
2. The sensors are broken
3. The radiator wasn't set correctly, but I already checked that and it's in the right place.

Take a look:
https://i.gyazo.com/0be5775f08fc7c8d5e93dfbf488d492c.mp4

Specs:
ASUS Z170-A
i7 6700k
Silver Stone Heligon Series HE02 + 120mm noctua fan

Solution
my 6700k also jump, though between 30-50 degrees. That is usually cus of delay with my cooler.
Check the overclocking sticky on tomshardware forum, it says something about not using a specific version of prime95 cus it will result in about 20 c above a realistic load.

BringerOfTea

Reputable
my 6700k also jump, though between 30-50 degrees. That is usually cus of delay with my cooler.
Check the overclocking sticky on tomshardware forum, it says something about not using a specific version of prime95 cus it will result in about 20 c above a realistic load.

Solution

CompuTronix

Intel Master