Prominent
Feb 15, 2021
So i purchased a ideapad gaming 3 2022 edition

specs: Ryzen 7 6800h
Gpu: RTX 3050
RAM: DDR5 4800mhz
Model no: 15ARH7

i have disabled cpu boost
And did a clean windows 10 installation. It had windows 11 before i didnt check if cpu temps show on windows 11 tho.

i was using RTSS (Riva Tuna Statistics) to display my fps gpu usage and every other information i would need.
I noticed after i installed NZXT CAM that cpu temp was not showing.

Then i installed CPUID HWMonitor and it did not even display a temperature section under the processor

my question is this my cpu sensor problem or can this happen because of windows installation. There is no cpu overheating issues so far. Laptop functions well and can play games very well. It got a little hot when it ran witcher 3 thats why i wanted to see cpu temps

games run perfectly fine and turbo boost off it runs very well with less heat.

Why would you install NZXT CAM on a laptop, or anything for that matter? CAM is a piece of spyware, and has always been extremely buggy. I can't think of any reason you'd need it on a laptop especially since you couldn't possibly have any NZXT hardware in there that requires it unless you are running something external that is an NZXT product that requires it. Regardless, there are better alternatives in the open source community for most of what CAM can do. I'd uninstall it immediately, it's well known that CAM uses a high amount of system resources and it's "phone home" practices used to mine personal data are well documented.

HWmonitor, just plain sucks.

If you want accurate CPU core temp sensor readings I'd suggest trying either HWinfo (Choose Sensors only, disable "Summary") or Core Temp. These are the most accurate utilities that I've ever found and they not only have broader support for various architectures but are frequently updated so they remain relevant.

Reactions: EL_DERITO

EL_DERITO

Prominent
Feb 15, 2021
Why would you install NZXT CAM on a laptop, or anything for that matter? CAM is a piece of spyware, and has always been extremely buggy. I can't think of any reason you'd need it on a laptop especially since you couldn't possibly have any NZXT hardware in there that requires it unless you are running something external that is an NZXT product that requires it. Regardless, there are better alternatives in the open source community for most of what CAM can do. I'd uninstall it immediately, it's well known that CAM uses a high amount of system resources and it's "phone home" practices used to mine personal data are well documented.

HWmonitor, just plain sucks.

If you want accurate CPU core temp sensor readings I'd suggest trying either HWinfo (Choose Sensors only, disable "Summary") or Core Temp. These are the most accurate utilities that I've ever found and they not only have broader support for various architectures but are frequently updated so they remain relevant.

well i was experimenting softwares
Didnt know that was a spyware
Like you said i installed HWinfo i choose sensors only and i can see the temperatures now.

why does cpu temp not show on msi afterburner ? Do u know any solutions for this ?

Not sure why yours isn't showing but the third section down at the following link offers the instructions for getting the CPU temp to show in Riva Tuner and Afterburner, and if enabling that setting doesn't work then there is likely nothing you can do about it. That's why HWinfo and Core Temp are preferred because they have broader support for a wider variety of platforms than most other utilities. Some utilities simply don't work right with some platforms or motherboard sensor configurations.

https://www.avast.com/c-how-to-check-cpu-temperature

Reactions: EL_DERITO

EL_DERITO

Prominent
Feb 15, 2021
Not sure why yours isn't showing but the third section down at the following link offers the instructions for getting the CPU temp to show in Riva Tuner and Afterburner, and if enabling that setting doesn't work then there is likely nothing you can do about it. That's why HWinfo and Core Temp are preferred because they have broader support for a wider variety of platforms than most other utilities. Some utilities simply don't work right with some platforms or motherboard sensor configurations.

https://www.avast.com/c-how-to-check-cpu-temperature
HWinfo works pretty well thanks for the help

I personally like Core Temp better. As for me, it better meets all the requirements, but that's just my opinion.
Core Temp is great if ALL you need is CPU thermals, but not so much if you want the full menu of sensor data. And if you're trying to troubleshoot something it's a pretty good idea to be looking at ALL available data instead of doing what a lot of people do which is only look at core temperatures and assume nothing is wrong simply because those temps are within spec. Your problem could be due to VRM or chipset overheating or something else and if all you used was Core Temp you wouldn't have that information.