CPU temp Problem

Joshua_143

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016
The problem just started today. I didn't change any software or hardware settings. When I start my computer the temperature reaches 80° even when I'm not using the computer it literally is on idle no CPU usage and the temperature will reach 80° the fan spins at full speed but still there is no change. Also the CPU fan sometimes fluctuates from 100% to idle like someone is reving a car engine.

Solution
yes!!!! You must re-apply thermal paste. otherwise the cooler becomes only an ornament. Thats why your temps are so high.

Id suggest not running the PC again, untill you re-apply thermal paste. There are guides all over the net on how to do it. If you know the name of your cooler you can google that +thermal paste application, and youll get a vid on your exact model.

If you remove the cooler from the CPU for any reason you need to re-apply the paste. otherwise the heat dissapation is all over the place and your chip over heats.

Joshua_143

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016

It's an AMD FX 4300 with stock cooler. Power supply is a Corsair 550W GPU is Zotac 1050Ti and 8 GB Corsair vengeance RAM
I checked task manager and CPU usage is around 5-10%. I also removed the cooler and refitted it but still the same problem.
I also noticed that the fan starts spinning fast even when I'm in the BIOS

when you say you refitted the cooler, I'm presuming you meant re-applying new thermal paste too?

It sounds to me that your cooler isn't working properly or your thermal paste is not applied correctly which means your cooler may not be able to shift the heat.. With CPU usage at only 15% even at idle you should only be at mid 30's for temps.

Joshua_143

Commendable
Dec 7, 2016

No I removed the previous thermal paste and didn't apply new one. But this shouldn't be a big issue right?
Wouldn't a absence of thermal paste cause only a 10-15° Change?

yes!!!! You must re-apply thermal paste. otherwise the cooler becomes only an ornament. Thats why your temps are so high.

Id suggest not running the PC again, untill you re-apply thermal paste. There are guides all over the net on how to do it. If you know the name of your cooler you can google that +thermal paste application, and youll get a vid on your exact model.

If you remove the cooler from the CPU for any reason you need to re-apply the paste. otherwise the heat dissapation is all over the place and your chip over heats.

Solution