Question CPU temp tctl?

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
Hi thanks for looking.

I'm just trying to do a mild oc on my Ryzen 7 2700x 10% thru the Asus ai tuner in the bios.

When gaming the highest CPU package temp recorded was 70.9c but there is CPU tctl underneath that recorded 80.9c should I go by package temp or tctl temp please?

Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
tcl is the hottest sensor on the die
I have to assume the package temp you are looking at is the outside of cpu perhaps.

HWINFO has 4 temps for my system so its hard to tie down.
CPU (tcl/tdie) = hottest sensor on die
CPU Die (average) - average temp of all sensors on die
CPU CCD1 (tdie) - This score is close to temps recorded by Ryzen Master but will never be exact due to AMD not sharing their forumla
l4jKW5S.jpg

Then down under the Motherboard I also see CPU, which is temp measured via a sensor on the motherboard

I normally just look at the lower one as Ryzen spikes and then reduces temp almost immediately so often high temps aren't a problem. 80C isn't hot for Ryzen either, anything under 90 is safe.

Last edited:

Amddefector

Reputable
Sep 5, 2020
Thanks
tcl is the hottest sensor on the die
I have to assume the package temp you are looking at is the outside of cpu perhaps.

HWINFO has 4 temps for my system so its hard to tie down.
CPU (tcl/tdie) = hottest sensor on die
CPU Die (average) - average temp of all sensors on die
CPU CCD1 (tdie) - This score is close to temps recorded by Ryzen Master but will never be exact due to AMD not sharing their forumla
l4jKW5S.jpg

Then down under the Motherboard I also see CPU, which is temp measured via a sensor on the motherboard

I normally just look at the lower one as Ryzen spikes and then reduces temp almost immediately so often high temps aren't a problem. 80C isn't hot for Ryzen either, anything under 90 is safe.

Thanks for the reply. I have 2 temps under CPU package and tctl. I've just looked on Ryzen master and what that reports for the CPU temp is the same as what cpuid says for package temp whereas tctl is 10 degrees higher. I've just noticed that changing the oc profile has enable quiet fan control again. I've disabled it and lost 10 degrees off the CPU temperature.

Thanks.