Question CPU temp too low, how to fix incorrect CPU temp readings ?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What is the source reference and listed temperature values that leads you to believe the CPU temperatures are too low?

If the system is performing properly without problems then leave well enough alone.

Heat is an enemy of electronics so cooler/lower temperatures are not a sign of trouble per se.

I do not believe that you would want or need higher CPU temperatures.

More information needed.

Aug 6, 2022
this link https://prnt.sc/gzXEc_rMfARH its an screenshot of softwares that detects cpu temps its says i have 7 degrees celcius on my cpu i think thats too low for a cpu to idle at

mobo : emx-a70fm2+icafe
cpu : amd a4-6300
graphics card : nvidia geforce gtx 750
ram : 6gb 1333mhz
psu : corsair v450

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yeah, if a CPU idled at seven degrees, then your house would probably need to be about 0 degrees or your PC room is a giant refrigerator.

Unfortunately, AMD platforms of that era were absolutely atrocious for properly reporting temperature. Your best bet might be finding an old copy of AMD Overdrive and checking the reported thermal margin (the difference between the current temperature and throttling temperature). The package temperature here is more likely the correct one.

Aug 6, 2022
Possible software glitch, did you check in BIOS ?
i can try and idle at the bios for a few minutes
Yeah, if a CPU idled at seven degrees, then your house would probably need to be about 0 degrees or your PC room is a giant refrigerator.

Unfortunately, AMD platforms of that era were absolutely atrocious for properly reporting temperature. Your best bet might be finding an old copy of AMD Overdrive and checking the reported thermal margin (the difference between the current temperature and throttling temperature). The package temperature here is more likely the correct one.
ill try and find an old version of amd overdrive

Aug 6, 2022
is there anything else i could try to do im just really worried about this because what if my cpu is overheating and i didn't know because the softwares is reporting the temps incorrectly

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
is there anything else i could try to do im just really worried about this because what if my cpu is overheating and i didn't know because the softwares is reporting the temps incorrectly

Then other temperatures would also be very hot. And you'd see throttling or a shutdown before damage was done.

If the cooler is installed properly, there's nothing really to worry about. Even a cooler upgrade wouldn't make sense simply because anything but the cheapest coolers are likely worth more than the PC is worth.

Aug 6, 2022
Then other temperatures would also be very hot. And you'd see throttling or a shutdown before damage was done.

If the cooler is installed properly, there's nothing really to worry about. Even a cooler upgrade wouldn't make sense simply because anything but the cheapest coolers are likely worth more than the PC is worth.
my underload temps are also stupidly low lol im just gonna ignore it for now thanks

my underload temps are also stupidly low lol im just gonna ignore it for now thanks
A4-6300 are doubtless like all of AMD's APU's and CPU's of the time. They used a temp reporting algorithm that left idle temps essentially random and meaningless and even load temps were highly inaccurate. Here's an informative thread on the HWInfo.com forum. It starts off talking about Intel processors, read down a bit to get the info on AMD.

Reactions: LanceStuff
Aug 6, 2022
A4-6300 are doubtless like all of AMD's APU's and CPU's of the time. They used a temp reporting algorithm that left idle temps essentially random and meaningless and even load temps were highly inaccurate. Here's an informative thread on the HWInfo.com forum. It starts off talking about Intel processors, read down a bit to get the info on AMD.

thanks ill read it