CPU temperature as it relates to Display

Mar 4, 2018
Hey there,

I've got an Intel Core i7 870. A Radeon RX 480 Graphics card. 12 GB of ram on a DellOT568R motherboard.

Now that the specs are out of the way...I just bought a 50 inch Insignia 4K television as a display for the PC. It worked fine, for a while. Now I've notice the screen cracking, flickering and flashing to a green screen. When it flashes to a green screen the TV makes a popping sound. So, after some research I downloaded the CAM PC vitals monitoring program. It warned me the CPU was running too hot (above 85F). So, this made sense to me as the issue seemed progressive. AS the CPU gets hotter, the problem gets worse. So I dragged myself down to best buy and bought myself a Hydro Series Corsair H60 CPU cooler. Got it installed last night. Now the CPU temp is at 105-110F at idle and the graphics card is at about 131F. My first question. Did I diagnose correctly? Would a 4k resolution run the CPU at a higher temp and ultimatley cause display issues? My second. Are those acceptable tempuratures for the CPU and GPU? Ive read a few different things on other forums. My third. Its still flickering! Am i missing something? Bad cable? Bad Port? Some setting somewhere that Ive missed?

Thanks!