Question CPU Temperature for Asus Rog Strix Hero iii

harhar1011

Honorable
Jan 7, 2015
Hello, all. I just bought an Asus Rog Strix hero iii, with intel core i7-9750 and nvidia geforce rtx 2070. As I've never owned a gaming laptop, my biggest question is what temperature should the cpu and gpu be, and at what point I should get worried about the temperature?

Thank you in advance for your answers, and have a great day.

Hello, all. I just bought an Asus Rog Strix hero iii, with intel core i7-9750 and nvidia geforce rtx 2070. As I've never owned a gaming laptop, my biggest question is what temperature should the cpu and gpu be, and at what point I should get worried about the temperature?

Thank you in advance for your answers, and have a great day.
In general I like the CPU below 70C and the GPU below 80C and I think you will find this typical.
Although with a laptop....they generally run hotter.
I've seen quite a few laptops running the CPU around 90.....and this seems normal for them.

harhar1011

Honorable
Jan 7, 2015
Yeah I'd prefer a desktop as well, but I'm currently in a moving around stage of life so portability is key.

Also, I just did a test for about ten-fifteen minutes with mafia 3 on high settings, and the average was about 75-80 degrees for cpu temperature. That sounds okay?

Thanks again. :)

Yeah I'd prefer a desktop as well, but I'm currently in a moving around stage of life so portability is key.

Also, I just did a test for about ten-fifteen minutes with mafia 3 on high settings, and the average was about 75-80 degrees for cpu temperature. That sounds okay?

Thanks again. :)
You're welcome.
I think 75-80C for a laptop is pretty good.
I've had quite a few people tell me that 90C was the norm for them in a laptop.