Question Cpu temperature spiking in gaming

Feb 1, 2020
Hiya i have a rather bizzare issue with my pc in which when gaming (specifically i have noticed it in Monster hunter world asnd total warhammer 2) the pc temperature will spike and then 'count back' a few degrees and then spike slightly higher until it's spiking well over 80 degrees c. Previously as advised i was playing on the Monster hunter world ignoring pc temp because i had been assured it was normal and it shut down as i assume the temperature got too high and i sent it off to repairs (they said the power supply was bricked and so gave me a new one) but it doesn't seem to have done anything about the core issue. I am really a noob when it comes to computers and don't understand any of the readings (as i have explored cpu id and cpu-z , ryzen master and msi afterburner etc ) . Is there anyone who can help me out?

Hiya i have a rather bizzare issue with my pc in which when gaming (specifically i have noticed it in Monster hunter world asnd total warhammer 2) the pc temperature will spike and then 'count back' a few degrees and then spike slightly higher until it's spiking well over 80 degrees c. Previously as advised i was playing on the Monster hunter world ignoring pc temp because i had been assured it was normal and it shut down as i assume the temperature got too high and i sent it off to repairs (they said the power supply was bricked and so gave me a new one) but it doesn't seem to have done anything about the core issue. I am really a noob when it comes to computers and don't understand any of the readings (as i have explored cpu id and cpu-z , ryzen master and msi afterburner etc ) . Is there anyone who can help me out?
Would have to know your PC+s parts to even start guessing but PSU could have died no matter which CPU temperature. It's normal for CPU to heat up under load.

Feb 1, 2020
Would have to know your PC+s parts to even start guessing but PSU could have died no matter which CPU temperature. It's normal for CPU to heat up under load.
I am aware that heating up under load is normal but to spike slowly past 80 and continue upwards i thought would be a cause for concern. Not sure where to start with my pc but i have a radeon rx vega with an AMD ryzen 7 2700 x eight core in terms of performance my pc is really generally quite good but its the temperature thing that keeps getting me. i am aware my environment is quite dusty and so i am investing in a specialized anti static blow gun that can clean it. But other than that i know nothing at all about computers really. It was built for me when i bought it because i am deathly afraid of touching the insides of a pc incase it stops working. I should mention that even after it was cleaned out when i sent it back it still had the issue.

I am aware that heating up under load is normal but to spike slowly past 80 and continue upwards i thought would be a cause for concern. Not sure where to start with my pc but i have a radeon rx vega with an AMD ryzen 7 2700 x eight core in terms of performance my pc is really generally quite good but its the temperature thing that keeps getting me. i am aware my environment is quite dusty and so i am investing in a specialized anti static blow gun that can clean it. But other than that i know nothing at all about computers really. It was built for me when i bought it because i am deathly afraid of touching the insides of a pc incase it stops working. I should mention that even after it was cleaned out when i sent it back it still had the issue.
Ryzen generally starts shutting down at 90 - 95c, if you want it cooler than 80s you will need to upgrade cooling.

Feb 1, 2020
The issue is not the temperature it gets too but the way that the temperature is so unstable rising spiking and falling and then spiking higher. Is it normal to be getting to 80 degrees in about 40 minutes playing a game it should be able to play on ultra on normal graphics?

Feb 1, 2020
I believe it is a stock cooler think it's the prisma wraith? I was advised that the stock cooler should be sufficient? i think my cpu is overclocked too but i don't know how to tell.