CPU temperature to high?

Mccushim

Honorable
Nov 19, 2013
Hi everyone,

I've just finished my first pc, which has been fairly stressful haha. I've just booted it for the first time and in the bios it says my cpu is running at 53 degrees. Does this seem a bit high? My CPU is a i5-4690k with an h100i cooling it.

Thanks for all your help guys!

RunLuke

Reputable
Dec 8, 2014
That's too hot, also in Windows? IMO. Will copy paste answer from this thread: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2435427/4770k-liquid-cooling-46c-50c-idle.html

Sorry, not bothered writing it again, as it could be the same issue if every bit of the h100i is properly installed (all power plugs etc):

Hello.

Your mounting bracket on the rear of the mother board is probably not seated well or not turned the right way around (the groove has to point upwards, away from the GPU). It's a common issue and one I had too.
Try removing the water block and lightly touching the mounting bracket, if it moves you need to either turn it the right way around or find some spacers (I used rubber ones) so that it's firmly in place (the bracket isn't particularly good). That made the temps on my 4790K @ 4.8ghz fall from 50 idle to very low 20'es with all fans running (including radiator fans) at minimum RPM. Your setup is very much like mine.

Rubber spacers
IMG_2389_(1).JPG

This "groove" has to point upwards, away from GPU:
IMG_2390.JPG

Capture4.PNG