Question cpu temperature

Jul 5, 2024
I have a big problem. when I turn on the computer my cpu overheats immediately, almost not allowing me to access windows. I had this problem in the past but I solved it by changing the cooler. however it recurred after 1 year. I changed the CPU today to understand if it was a real problem with the CPU itself but the problem persists. so I'm thinking it's the motherboard. What I'm asking is if you have any ideas, solutions and suggestions to give me. thanks.
components:
cpu: ryzen 5 5600x
motherboard: asus rog strix b550-f gaming (wifi)
cooler: nzxt kraken x53 24mm

Jul 5, 2024
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, used, refurbished)?

History of heavy use for gaming or video editing?

Thermal paste: what paste was used and how was it applied?
i bought all this components 3 y ago, new conditions. i play videogames 3/4h day. and sometimes video editing. i change 2 times/ yers thermal paste cuz i clean my pc every 6 mounths. and i build myself pc

Ralston18

Titan
I think that the PSU is the most likely culprit and would swap in a test PSU before doing anything else.

If you start swapping in other components with a potentially faltering or failing PSU then you risk damaging those components.

Try to obtain another PSU - family, friends, co-workers.

Hopefully someone will have a PSU that you could borrow for a few days.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Jul 5, 2024
I think that the PSU is the most likely culprit and would swap in a test PSU before doing anything else.

If you start swapping in other components with a potentially faltering or failing PSU then you risk damaging those components.

Try to obtain another PSU - family, friends, co-workers.

Hopefully someone will have a PSU that you could borrow for a few days.
ok i will try it, thanks

TRENDING THREADS