Question Cpu temps are questionable

May 25, 2020
So what has happened it my cpu is running at 55c in bios not changing but in any other application it oscillates between 40-80c I have repasted and remount my heat sink 3 times, the only things I can think of is a faulty reader( because the heat sink is Cold to the touch) or I need to re seat the cpu. Any suggestions?

Temps fluctuate quite normally from 35-40C when clock speeds are as low as 800-1000 MHz when loafing at the desktop, and, under a load, clock speeds can quickly jump to 4.x GHz, with core voltage and temps in lock step almost instantly. (In short, 'oscillations' are quite normal)

SO if you are expecting a constant temp during browser activities...prepare to be disappointed.

May 25, 2020
It’s is usually at in the higher region tho
Temps fluctuate quite normally from 35-40C when clock speeds are as low as 800-1000 MHz when loafing at the desktop, and, under a load, clock speeds can quickly jump to 4.x GHz, with core voltage and temps in lock step almost instantly. (In short, 'oscillations' are quite normal)

SO if you are expecting a constant temp during browser activities...prepare to be disappointed.