Question CPU temps high, for no reason

Jun 4, 2022
Hi,
I've had my gaming pc for almost 8 months now and im having a bit of a problem with my cpu temp. Since i bought the pc my cpu temps were a bit higher than what i expected but nothing extreme btw i have a ryzen 7 5800x and my cooler is a deepcool gammax L240 liquid aio cooler. anyways 4 days ago i launched valorant and for some reason the pc crashed after that i reset the pc from the power button and after i turned it on the bios screen came up and there was an alert saying that pc shut down due to high cpu temp. and since that day i cant play any game and the pc is idling around 55-60s. i checked everything and all was fine. i tried to play any game at the lowest fps and lowest settings but the cpu temp is always above 80. anyone has an idea whats the solution for my problem? Thanks in advance

cpu: ryzen 7 5800x
cpu cooler: DeepCool l240 gammax
gpu:rtx 3070ti tuf
Mb:b550 a pro
ram:hyperx 16gb 3733mhz

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You forgot to include the make and model of your PSU and it's age(if it's more than 8 months old). Can you elaborate on "crashed"? Did the system reboot when it was under load? If you have the stock cooler for your processor, see if you get lower temps than the AIO. It's likely that the AIO might be on it's way out(due to it being faulty/failing).

Jun 4, 2022

You forgot to include the make and model of your PSU and it's age(if it's more than 8 months old). Can you elaborate on "crashed"? Did the system reboot when it was under load?

oh yes sorry my psu is the Deepcool dq850-m-v2l 80+ gold fully modular and its also 8 months old since i bought all the components brand new and on the same day , for the crashing part i simply launched valorant and after that i ult tabbed and thats when my 2 monitors froze, although i was in a discord call and i could talk and hear my friends i couldnt operate or do anything really , i turned off the pc via the start button on the case and turned it back on and when i turned it back on i was sent to bios and a pop up alert said that the pc shut down due to high cpu temps. i then logged back into the pc and launched valorant to rejoin my game and the cpu temp was above 80c after that i quit valorant and since then the pc have been idling around 50-60 and when i try to play any game like rocket league the temps are always above 80.

Jun 4, 2022

You forgot to include the make and model of your PSU and it's age(if it's more than 8 months old). Can you elaborate on "crashed"? Did the system reboot when it was under load? If you have the stock cooler for your processor, see if you get lower temps than the AIO. It's likely that the AIO might be on it's way out(due to it being faulty/failing).
also unfortunately i do not have the stock cooler so im really lost at the moment and dont know what to do , although i got some advice to try and change the thermal paste and see if that makes any difference