[SOLVED] Cpu temps take a long time to go down after playing a game

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SteveBeast

Commendable
Jul 9, 2021
I have a question.
If I'm in a game the CPU temps are between 65-75 (even in crusader kings 3) most of the time. But if I end the game, the CPU goes slowly to 40-50 , and idles at 40.
Is that normal? It takes a long time for the CPU temps to go down after playing a game.

Setup:
I7 10700k
Dark rock pro 4
Rtx 2070 super
32 GB ram
MSI z490 a pro
650 w corsair

Solution
Ok but I heard it's not enough to just type in -0.075 in the CPU core voltage offset. That you have to take other things in mind like dram voltage and CPU vccio voltage, and I have absolutely no clue about what to do there.
Just make the adjustments in the last picture of uWebb429's post. [cpu core/cache voltage, offset mode sign, and cpu core voltage offset]
Do not worry about dram voltage or VCCIO - you're going out of bounds.

Is there no tutorial for my motherboard?
No.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Ok but I heard it's not enough to just type in -0.075 in the CPU core voltage offset. That you have to take other things in mind like dram voltage and CPU vccio voltage, and I have absolutely no clue about what to do there. Is there no tutorial for my motherboard?
Your case has bad airflow because of the design of the front of it, so the heat is trapped longer inside the case making the temps higher and stay higher for a longer period of time.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ok but I heard it's not enough to just type in -0.075 in the CPU core voltage offset. That you have to take other things in mind like dram voltage and CPU vccio voltage, and I have absolutely no clue about what to do there.
Just make the adjustments in the last picture of uWebb429's post. [cpu core/cache voltage, offset mode sign, and cpu core voltage offset]
Do not worry about dram voltage or VCCIO - you're going out of bounds.

Is there no tutorial for my motherboard?
No.

Solution