Question CPU Throttle ?

Bue

Nov 20, 2020
So let me start this off with anyone that reads this & tries to help, thank you

With the new Call of Duty I've been running it fine but running into little things that I notice that shouldn't be a thing so I start questioning everything. Awhile back I had gotten a new G-SYNC monitor and me being naïve with the software I thought the increase in FPS was due to the monitor. I find out later I had overclocked my CPU because I went searching to why my computer kept crashing / blue screening. I'm here to ask if there anyone that could look through my UserBenchmark results and tell me if in fact my CPU is done for? Ever since I changed it back I've been watching temps and It's been controlled while idle and gaming.

tldr; CPU might be throttling my gaming performance any way to tell by looking through my UserBenchmark results?

UserBenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/35693803

Run HWmonitor.
It will give you the current, minimum and maximum cpu temperatures.
If you see a max of 100c. you have likely throttled.
What is your cpu cooler?
9700K can certainly be overclocked.
How high will depend on your cooler and your luck in getting a good chip.
As of 2/6/2019
What percent can get an overclock at a somewhat sane Vcore in the 1.337 to 1.375 range.
And AVX offset = 2.

I7-9700K

5.2 10%
5.1 35%
5.0 78%
4.9 100%

Best to not use motherboard overclocking apps which can be too aggressive.
Do your work directly in the bios.

Bue

Nov 20, 2020
Run HWmonitor.
It will give you the current, minimum and maximum cpu temperatures.
If you see a max of 100c. you have likely throttled.
What is your cpu cooler?
9700K can certainly be overclocked.
How high will depend on your cooler and your luck in getting a good chip.
As of 2/6/2019
What percent can get an overclock at a somewhat sane Vcore in the 1.337 to 1.375 range.
And AVX offset = 2.

I7-9700K

5.2 10%
5.1 35%
5.0 78%
4.9 100%

Best to not use motherboard overclocking apps which can be too aggressive.
Do your work directly in the bios.
My PC is a prebuild so the water cooler is not fancy but a iBUYPOWER branded one. I have been running HWmonitor nonstop when I do get on and play.

The temps of my CPU itself never runs over 80 when it's a hot day but on these days where it's getting colder it stays between 65-75 while gaming. It was summer when it was overclocked, it was really hot, it's the reason why I brought up the temps in the first place because I feel I damaged it with not having a good enough water cooler.

The way I stopped overclocking (because I don't remember actually overclocking it) was in the bios and turning off INTEL turbo boost technology. I'm not too educated on the question the followed after the "2/6/2019" date. Any chance to tell if I messed with something I shouldn't have in the bios?

Last edited: