Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2023
I purchased the Asus TUF F15 laptop approximately 3-4 weeks ago, and I'm facing some issues with basic tasks when it's running on battery power. There seems to be a power limit/throttling of 10W and 10X multiplier when using the battery (when its plug on its 45x and gives more then 4000MHz), and at times, the CPU frequency drops to as low as 500-600 MHz, making it nearly impossible to perform even basic tasks.It's interesting to note that at one point, this throttling seemed to turn off on its own, and the CPU frequency suddenly jumped to 2000-3000 MHz but after reboot it resets. I'm not sure how that happened. How to solve this? Thanks in advance!.

CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400H

What power plan is currently selected and what are the current settings for min and max under processor power management in the advanced power plan setttings for both "on battery" and "plugged in"?

Also, make sure the cooling policy is set to active for both on battery and plugged in, in those same advanced settings. If the cooling policy is not set to active, change it to active. This will drain your battery power faster, but it will also stop the system from simply throttling to keep the CPU cool, just as it does when plugged in, and allow the fans to run at full speed when necessary.

Sep 5, 2023
What power plan is currently selected and what are the current settings for min and max under processor power management in the advanced power plan setttings for both "on battery" and "plugged in"?

Also, make sure the cooling policy is set to active for both on battery and plugged in, in those same advanced settings. If the cooling policy is not set to active, change it to active. This will drain your battery power faster, but it will also stop the system from simply throttling to keep the CPU cool, just as it does when plugged in, and allow the fans to run at full speed when necessary.
Its high-performance plan with 100% for both. I dont have cooling policy its just 2 parameters for CPU state. Imo its more bios problem

Well, that's very much possible, but you see, we have specific processes we use and your issue is one that is often related to that.

Something is definitely wrong though if you have no options for cooling policy, and that is a Windows problem, not a BIOS problem, because you have a laptop. I've have never, not ONCE, seen any laptop that had the correct chipset drivers installed that did not have an option for running a passive OR active cooling policy. And that well might be your problem.

I'm guessing you bought this used? And that you have NOT done a CLEAN install of Windows SINCE purchasing it?

Sep 5, 2023
Well, that's very much possible, but you see, we have specific processes we use and your issue is one that is often related to that.

Something is definitely wrong though if you have no options for cooling policy, and that is a Windows problem, not a BIOS problem, because you have a laptop. I've have never, not ONCE, seen any laptop that had the correct chipset drivers installed that did not have an option for running a passive OR active cooling policy. And that well might be your problem.

I'm guessing you bought this used? And that you have NOT done a CLEAN install of Windows SINCE purchasing it?
No it was brand new but i figured it out. It was driver problem with power and CPU managment. Thanks for help!

Reactions: Darkbreeze
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS