Question Cpu too hot while gaming :(

Guillotine651

Prominent
May 18, 2019
I have a core i5 2400 with gtx 960 the temperature of gpu is idle but my cpu while gaming game like csgo and bo3 stays from 73 degrees to 81 and i think thats too hot :(
btw my romm temp is above 38 degrees so is this fine temp or not ...... and while i m not gaming it stays upto 35 degrees to 45 ???

I have a core i5 2400 with gtx 960 the temperature of gpu is idle but my cpu while gaming game like csgo and bo3 stays from 73 degrees to 81 and i think thats too hot :(
btw my romm temp is above 38 degrees so is this fine temp or not ...... and while i m not gaming it stays upto 35 degrees to 45 ???
It's not terminally hot even at 80c but you may want to improve case ventilation and maybe get better CPU cooler. When was last time you cleaned up and changed TIM paste ?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
It's on the hot side, though not in the danger zone for this CPU. It certainly doesn't help that you're in an incredibly hot room; that's about 16 degrees hotter than what is typically described as room temperature. As CountMike notes, in a situation like this, if you want your CPU to be cooler, either the room needs to be cooler or you need a more effective cooler at removing heat from your PC.

that would be not all that far above normal under heavy load for a factory cooler in the summer time...all temps go up as ambients go up, where, 22-24C is sort of considered 'normal'... If one adds 10C to that, all temps are then 10C warmer..at least...

You can try to double check the cooler is locked down, and/or, a fresh very thin layer if thermal interface material after fully cleaning off bottom of sink/top of heat spreader...

TRENDING THREADS