Cpu turned on but no signal on monitor after cleaned/opened the CPU

Fafaagasta

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
So, a week ago I had this problem after cleaned my cpu (I cleaned it softly and carefully and only some parts and didnt take out anything). After that, I turned on the cpu and the fans were fine but no signal on monitor and no beep sound too. So I unplugged the gpu cable that connect to monitor then plugged it again but no change then I decided to bring it to a tech guy. 3 days later (3 days ago) he managed to turn on the cpu and the display finally showed up and everything worked fine again. I asked him whats the actual problem but he didnt answer and thats suspicious, then I paid him $5. And I played games after that just fine no problems. But today, I have the same exact problem after just opened my cpu and moved the ram to another slot (because I had ram issue before shut down [My game stuck and the sound stuck too and after restart the welcome loading screen stuck]) and nothing else just that, and I plugged the power again and press the power button and no signal. What is actually happening? I've tried unplug the power cable, remove the cmos battery,then press power button and hold for 30 seconds and put it back again, but no result. So, can anyone find me solution? I'm thinking this is just a simple problem but I just dont have idea about it thats why the tech guy didnt tell me the actual problem then hope this happen again and I'll bring my cpu to him again for another $5, oh God forgive me for such mind and my terrible grammar (Sorry, english isnt my main language). Please help me.

Solution
You mean the Windows loading screen... the welcome screen is where you sign in or click to open the desktop.

The spinning dots getting stuck can be related to bad RAM... it can also be caused by software issues, either drivers, bad antivirus, etc. but since you have a RAM issue that is probably the cause.

Wndows issues can be repaired from the Windows 10 Advanced and Repair Options screen that normally comes up automatically if a boot issue occurs, or you can use a Windows installer (Windows install disk or usb) to boot to the Boot and Repair options screen and perform an Automatic (statup) Repair... if it finds and corrects issues and later boots normally that was the cause but if nothing changes, the freezed spinning dots issue...
Sounds like a BIOS issue to me.. you need to reset the BIOS properly, and if necessary do a BIOS restore...

A BIOS reset involves:
1. removing the power cord or switching the PSU off... the I/O switch on O
2. Removing the BIOS battery
3. Switching the BIOS jumper from contact 1 and 2 to 2 and 3
4. Press the power button 30 seconds
5. Wait 10 minutes
6. Revert everything and turn the computer on.

A BIOS restore involves; (Your options are either apply this method or search the motherboard manual for specific BIOS restore instructions).
1. Removing the power cord or switching the PSU off... the I/O switch on O
2. Removing the BIOS battery
3. Removing the BIOS jumper
4. Press the power button 30 seconds
5. Wait 10 minutes
6. Revert everything and turn the computer on.

Fafaagasta

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
Thanks for the replies guys, sadly I've brought it to the tech guy because I need to use my pc asap. He said the vga card (add on) is dead because he tried to connect to on board vga and the cpu finally boot. Well is that true the vga card is dead? Based on the symptons I gave above? Now I'm thinking to buy a new vga card but I have to be sure first that its true that the vga is dead. Anyway this is my specs:

Intel Core 2 duo 2.9 ghz
Nvidia gt 630 2gb ddr3
2 gb ram
Windows 7 32 bit system

Did the technician test the GPU on another computer before concluding it is dead?

A GPU issue should put out a beep code... so, unless the motherboard doesn't have a BIOS speaker, this may be a BIOS corruption issue... and both issues are possible so make sure both possibilities are or have been tested before reaching an accurate conclusion.

Fafaagasta

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
He said he tested it on another cpu and same, no boot. But yeah if its Vga issue, there should be beep sound, but no beep when this problem occured. Maybe your right, both VGA and Bios have issue here, but I've decided tomorrow I'll buy a new Vga card, so I'll update if the problem still exiat after the new Vga...

No, a HDD issue can't be related as they don't cause blank display issues.
1. They can make the BIOS take longer to conclude posting,
2. Can make a HDD not boot, can create mbr/gpt, file system, partition issues, etc.
3. And if the tech already repaired the bad sectors the issue was not so bad (for now).

Blank display issues can be caused by:
1. a BIOS issue
2. a bad PSU or power issues
3. bad RAM or its installation issue
4. bent socket pins
5. graphics issues
6. rarely a dead BIOS battery
7. motherboard component issues (dead mobo)

The BIOS is supposed to beep but occasionally they don't for some reason... other times the motherboard may not have a speaker, so check the mobo has a speaker but if the technician has tested the GPU on another computer, that's most likely the cause.. and hopefully a new one will solve your problem.

Fafaagasta

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
I'm back with bad news. So I bought new vga card but the problem still occur!I forgot to tell u that before this no display thing occur, I played a game then the game freeze and the sound also freeze so i force turn off the pc. After that, it will boot but stuck at the welcome screen, the circle didnt move. Then force turn off again, then boot again, then stuck at windows logo. So I turn off the pc, unplug the power cable, open the cpu and took out the ram and chanr the slot and plug everything again and turn on, no display. I tried to put ithe ram back to the first slot and same no display. So now I begin to suspect that the ram is faulty. Anyway, I remember 3 years ago I had faulty ram with those symptoms (Game freeze and sound freeze to and freeze at windows logo and welcome screen). But what I dont understand is how this tech guy managed to turn it on? I feel tricked, I gave him $10 already and the same problem occur after played a game! What's his secret? And could it be the ram that faulty? So its not vga issue!

Fafaagasta

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
Update: Now I know the problem. After watched some videos on youtube, I find this clean ram with eraser thing and I tried it and put the ram back then it booted! But again stuck at welcome screen. So, its clear now that my problem is with the ram because this "stuck" thing happened 3 years ago on my pc with faulty ram. So what do u think? Should I buy new ram soon or analyse more?

Seems you have two separate issues. The RAM issue seems to be solved even if partially.. but getting stuck at the Windows Welcome screen is a OS related issue.

What exactly do you see?... the screen stuck with no user and password option, or what?.

What Windows version do you have?

Depending on the OS version, you could try loging on in Safe Mode and perform a System Restore, or use a Windows installer Disk or USB to execute a Startup Repair

Fafaagasta

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
Normally the welcome sceeen has that small circle spinning in the middle of screen, but for me it freeze/doesnt move but I had that too when my ram broken 3 years ago and never had OS related issue. But if its OS issue, will reinstalling fix it?

You mean the Windows loading screen... the welcome screen is where you sign in or click to open the desktop.

The spinning dots getting stuck can be related to bad RAM... it can also be caused by software issues, either drivers, bad antivirus, etc. but since you have a RAM issue that is probably the cause.

Wndows issues can be repaired from the Windows 10 Advanced and Repair Options screen that normally comes up automatically if a boot issue occurs, or you can use a Windows installer (Windows install disk or usb) to boot to the Boot and Repair options screen and perform an Automatic (statup) Repair... if it finds and corrects issues and later boots normally that was the cause but if nothing changes, the freezed spinning dots issue is probably caused by your RAM.

ximage151.png.pagespeed.gp+jp+jw+pj+ws+js+rj+rp+rw+ri+cp+md.ic.2DiifhdBQu.png

Solution

Fafaagasta

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
The welcome screen before I get to the desktop. I'm using windows 7 32 bit tho.. My friend will lend me his Ram tonight so I can try it if it works fine then its the ram issue. I'll update..