CPU Upgrade to acer aspire 5315

guldo60

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
basicly what i want to do is upgrade my intel celeron 530m 1.73 ghz to something newer ( i would like 2 core) other detailts of the laptop operating system: Windows xp pro sp3 32 bit, motherboard intel gl960, 2 gb of ram( 266 mhz), and gpu is really old mobile intel 965 express chiset family ( x3100, 384 mb ) , is this even possible ?

guldo60

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
logainofhades thanks ( well i downloaded the bios from their website when i actually used their tool for flashing bios, it came up with a error and then the power button, usb devices, and the build in mouse stopped working still the rj45 and display worked , i took out the battery and now the computer wount boot, nothing happens when i press the power button, what can i basicly do right now, will replacing cmos battery work ?, and i cant find one on this laptop for some reason, i meaby need to buy new laptop with the money what i saved -.- :((

logainofhades

Titan
Even though you have the AC adapter in, some laptops simply will not run without the battery installed too. The battery for the cmos would be somewhere on the board. You would have to laptop apart to find it.