Question CPU Upgrading problem

Jul 23, 2019
Hello guys, need some advise about my problem after upgrading my CPU, I've done upgraded my intel i5-3470 to intel i7-3770, however when connecting my samsung phone s9 to usb port, connected for a few minutes and then disconnecting back, then my access to phone storage become blank. but when i install back my processor intel i5, it become normal. only got issue when using the intel i7 processor. if connect to external HDD, it will hangs for some times also.

I've done the:
  • new hard disk with new windows installation (windows 10)
  • use different motherboard but same model (Gigabyte H61M-WW)
  • upgrade & downgrade my drivers & BIOS

Currently My PC Specs:-
~ Intel Core I5-3470
~ 12GB RAM (8GB+4GB)
~ Windows 10 Pro 1903
~ Samsung SSD 860 Evo 250GB with 2 HDD (1TB WD & 500GB Toshiba)

Now had no idea what is the problem.

Lutfij

Titan
You shouldn't downgrade your BIOS, to prevent the system from bricking. So you should be on the latest BIOS for that board. Might want to backup your critical content from the installation drive and see if reinstalling your OS after creating it with Windows Media Creation Tools. Later install the latest drivers for your board.

Make and model of your PSU? How old is it?

Jul 23, 2019
You shouldn't downgrade your BIOS, to prevent the system from bricking. So you should be on the latest BIOS for that board. Might want to backup your critical content from the installation drive and see if reinstalling your OS after creating it with Windows Media Creation Tools. Later install the latest drivers for your board.

Make and model of your PSU? How old is it?

thanks for the fast reply,
i'm using PSU AVF PS550-F12R 500 Watt, just used for 2 - 3 months, try with different PSU, no luck
i got another same motherboard with latest BIOS with fresh windows installation also, no luck also,
my main motherboard using old BIOS F1 (2013) version then i upgraded it with F2A (2014) version then did the fresh windows installation. no luck then i downgrade it back to F1 (2013) version.