[SOLVED] CPU usage goes up to 100% while gaming every 10 minutes

Mojtaba Hosseini

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
so I've had this problem for a long time, but now I know it's CPU.
I actually had to quite overwatch for this. no one in blizzard could help me. but now I started to play Sekiro, and I was ok with most of fps drops, bkz I'm aware of the potato end pc (actually it's high end quadro, but potato for games),so I tried tweaking a few things, and I finally got 40 fps and I used msi after burner to monitor my gpu temp, and it also had cpu usage and it was around 50%. so after 20 minutes of playing smoothly suddenly everything went wrong and fps droped to 15. I checked stats, and everything was same, expect for CPU usage, which was solid 100%.
using task manager, I checked to see what's up, evidently, Sekiro still had 50% percent usage, but nothing else was using the other 50%. even that idle thing dropped under 5%. and seriously tabing out the game is so hard when CPU reaches 100%. everything is so damn slow.
so what u think I should do?

some questions answered:
- what are your specs? Doesn't matter, Ive seen this happening to very different PCs
  • is your cpu usage always 100%? No, I do stuff like designing and 3d modeling, I never have the problem.
  • when this happened? no Idea. I know I didn't had this problem for 2 years.

these solutions are not helping:
  • Quadro is not for gaming -- I've seen this problem for gtx 980 too.
  • it's maybe the game -- No, every game is like this.
  • Reinstall windows -- I have too many programs and I saw lots of threads saying reinstall didn't work.
  • in advance power setting, change processor state. -- I used variety of min and max percentage. not effective.
  • try limiting cpu for your game. -- already did. not helping.

Solution
if you look carefully I said Quadro k4100m 4GB. ram is 16 GB.

I solved it anyway. evidently the BIOS somehow caused the usage. by updating BIOS the problem solved. I let the game run for 7 hours smoothly, solid 60fps, no high CPU usage and somehow way lower GPU temperature.

Mojtaba Hosseini

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
Sorry, this really does matter! It's totally relevant. Please provide your full system specs! Also, what resolution are you playing on?

You are asking a question, but ruling out the obvious answers that most will provide. Do you want help, or not!?
I understand, I actually do know all the obvious answers, like the resolution thing, or any thing. I'm someone every one ask their questions from actually :D so, I was looking for answers not concentrating on things can't help.
I started at 900p and I got around 35fps, but then I went down to 720p for more fps. both use 50% cpu, and at the moment everything goes wrong, both go less than 15fps and 100% cpu usage. every tweak or things I do, will enhance fps until cpu decides to go 100%.

I have a dell m6800 workstation laptop, windows 10, core i7 4810MQ, 16GB of Ram, and Quadro k4100m 4GB DDR5. but as I said, this issue is not bkz of my spec.

Mojtaba Hosseini

Honorable
Aug 29, 2013
if you look carefully I said Quadro k4100m 4GB. ram is 16 GB.

I solved it anyway. evidently the BIOS somehow caused the usage. by updating BIOS the problem solved. I let the game run for 7 hours smoothly, solid 60fps, no high CPU usage and somehow way lower GPU temperature.

Solution