[SOLVED] CPU usage in battlefield 5 is around the same as GPU usage

Feb 4, 2020
Hey guys quick question. I have a 2080ti and a 9700k. Long story short doing some messing around today, and basically when I fire up BFV multiplayer my graphics card utilization is around 90% with some occasional dips to the high 70s and my CPU seems to run on par with it. Sometimes it's 10% less but sometimes my CPU will creep up and actually surpass the graphics card. Not sure what's going on. Messed with settings and no luck. Modern warfare my card is no lower than 95% with my CPU at around 60 ish %. YouTube benchmarks for BFV everyone seems to have near max on there cards and lower on the CPU. Updated my chipset and GPU drivers. Temps are good at 55ish for the CPU and 65-70 for the GPU. 1440p 144hz... I'm at a loss. Can't figure out if its the game or a graphics setting or what. Any ideas? I'm concerned it might be doing this in all my games. I just don't have the time to sit down and go through them. Performance is good seem to be getting right at or under 144fps. Using afterburner for numbers. 16gb of 3200 DDR4, XMP is on along with MSI game boost, only thing I haven't tried yet is flashing my bios. Other than that the computer runs fine and my FPS seems to be fine. Don't know if this is all in my head or what.

n00bguy84

Honorable
Dec 12, 2014
If it's causing stuttering, micro stutters, drops in frame rate or performance that just isn't very smooth than you might have a bottleneck.

If not then I wouldn't worry about it. You could try increasing graphics settings, increasing resolution and running with the highest frame rate you can. That's only if you are having issues though.

Feb 4, 2020
It's not causing any issues, the way it is. Did some major tinkering with all the settings and have determined if im going to play battlefield I'm just going to have to use those settings. It runs fine and it's only with that game, Fallen Order Modern warfare and Battlefront 2 run great with close to max gpu usage and lower cpu around 50-70%, so it's definitely just something with BFV.

Dec 28, 2019
Hey guys quick question. I have a 2080ti and a 9700k. Long story short doing some messing around today, and basically when I fire up BFV multiplayer my graphics card utilization is around 90% with some occasional dips to the high 70s and my CPU seems to run on par with it. Sometimes it's 10% less but sometimes my CPU will creep up and actually surpass the graphics card. Not sure what's going on. Messed with settings and no luck. Modern warfare my card is no lower than 95% with my CPU at around 60 ish %. YouTube benchmarks for BFV everyone seems to have near max on there cards and lower on the CPU. Updated my chipset and GPU drivers. Temps are good at 55ish for the CPU and 65-70 for the GPU. 1440p 144hz... I'm at a loss. Can't figure out if its the game or a graphics setting or what. Any ideas? I'm concerned it might be doing this in all my games. I just don't have the time to sit down and go through them. Performance is good seem to be getting right at or under 144fps. Using afterburner for numbers. 16gb of 3200 DDR4, XMP is on along with MSI game boost, only thing I haven't tried yet is flashing my bios. Other than that the computer runs fine and my FPS seems to be fine. Don't know if this is all in my head or what.
normal for a game like battlefield , you have a demanding gpu so your cpu has to put in work to keep up with it. unless your fps drops or spikes there isn't a problem