CPU usage spikes to 100%, computer extremely slow. PLEASE HELP

GalenPC

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
I recently went out and bought new hardware for my PC, and am having troubles with said hardware. I am having large CPU spikes up to 100% usage(without opening programs along with opening them), also with it jumping around from 2% to 20% very rapidly(almost every second or two). I have also had issues with the PC now freezing after new hardware installations.

At first everything was running great then the first freeze happened. Thought nothing much of it, checked my drivers for my graphics card, found they were slightly outdated and proceeded to update them hoping my issue was solved. Had no freezes for a day, and thought the issue was resolved. Come the next day I have another freeze(requiring a hard reset once again) thinking "okay this is weird" but this is where it gets really dicey. After another hard reset and everything seems to be working fine I get up to get food, and when I come back I find that opening ANY program causes the CPU usage to jump to 100% with the constant low usage spikes of 2-20% as I mentioned beforehand.(the computer had not restarted otherwise I would have had to input my password again, so i can rule out that it had)

Thinking this could possibly be a some sort of virus/malware I ran both Malwarebytes and Spybot to no help (even though they both did remove some items, I should really scan my PC more often).

With that possibility out of the window my next thought was to try a system restore to before the issue started occurring, then to run MWB/SB again to remove the issues they had removed, but on trying to restore my system to a previous point it FAILED for an unknown reason. Okay I'll just restart my PC and try again.

Nope. On the next restart my PC is actually freezing at the BIOS screen(the part where it says hit <del> to enter bios setup etc. etc.) Very annoyed at this I try restarting again but this time NO BIOS SCREEN. I reset the CMOS by removing the little silver battery(i was googling things desperately at this point)to see if this would let my computer boot up, which it did but the CPU usage is still very high when no to little programs are running, and sifting through the Task Manager ending every task I could that could not possibly compromise the system did not help at all.(I.E Discord, MSI Afterburner, Malwarebytes, pretty much every program I could close, I did.) I have also used Process Hacker 2 to see if there were any underlying programs that I could not see and end, but there doesn't seem to be.

I've also checked my temps through the Speccy program, with an idle temp of about 50C and when I was actually able to run games before the CPU problem it never went above 65C.

My System Idle Process also has constant large numbers next to it under CPU in the Processes tab of the Task Manager. 85+, I'm not sure if this is an issue.

I am very desperate at this point, and hopefully I can find some help here. My gut is telling me the mobo I just bought is on it's way out the door seeing as I had to reset the CMOS to even get the computer back on. Specs listed below with the newly bought hardware marked by a tilde(or squiggly if you prefer).

CPU:AMD Ryzen 7 1700x 8-core @3.4GHz ~~~~~
Mobo:MSI x370 Carbon Pro ~~~~~
RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16 GB @2666 MHz ~~~~~
GPU:MSI RX 580 8gb
PSU:Corsair RM1000i 1000 watt
Storage: 3 TB WB Blue edition
1 TB Seagate
120 GB SanDisk SSD(was going to be used for windows 10 in the future, currently empty)

I also do have an ASUS optical drive connected, not sure if that is pertinent or not. Will also include a screenshot of the task manager CPU Usage with very few programs running, basically nothing besides malwarebytes/spybot, my keyboard/mouse software and Google Chrome as I write this out.

PLEASE if anyone can help me solve this issue I'll be so grateful, as it sucks to spend upwards of $700 on new hardware just for it to not work. And I'm writing this a few days after purchase, so with any luck I'll be able to return faulty parts if needed.

Screenshots:
From task manager.
http://prntscr.com/g60g3v (Processes tab)
http://prntscr.com/g60geb (Performance tab)

Lutfij

Titan
1| Where did you obtain your copy of Windows 7?
2| How did you manage to install the OS onto that platform, if anything the platform and Kabylake already have microcode updates to prevent users from going back to an OS older than Windows 10.
3| Speaking of microcode, have you made sure your BIOS is up to date?

GalenPC

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017

1.) My Win 7 came from a legit disk, from there I actually called the Windows company to activate because the key did not work.
2.) I'm sorry I don't quite understand, I've never been off Windows 7 on this PC/HDD?
3.)Once again microcode? Term I haven't heard. MY BIOS should be 100% up to date, I used both the CD the mobo came with, then checked the AMD site manually.(just to make sure)

balbadan

Prominent
Sep 6, 2017

If you got MSI GPU Utility running, they spike CPU to 100%.