Cpu used a lot. Temperature in games about 70 celcius.

Razvan_aga

Honorable
Jul 3, 2017
Hello guys, recently i had some pc issues. I changed my thermal paste, i changed my gpu, my ram. A day or two ago i saw the cpu usage was always above 10% raising fast to 35%~40% and decreasing with the same speed while watching livestreams on twitch on FIREFOX. I started DOTA today and saw that my cpu was used 70%, with only MSI Afterburner and steam running from my opened proceses. Is this normal? The cpu temp is about 70 celcius in DOTA with Core Temp.

Is this high usage normal?

My rig
CPU: i5 3350p 3.1, stock cooler i think, the pc is pre build and it is 3-4 years old.
Ram: 8GB 1600
GPU: GTX 1050 2GB (gigabyte if it helps you)
PSU: Floston FL500 (500W)
Motherboard: H61M-VG3 (ASRock, works with the new ram and the new gpu)

Solution
Since you're on the stock cooler, those temps look fine. What were you looking for? You will need to go for an aftermarket cooler to get lower temps though that will only add to your negative return on investments.

You will also need to ditch that PSU, it's more an fire hazard than a reliable unit. Are the rams from a kit? Can you please pass on a link to the ram? You also didn't mention the case. Hampered airflow will also result in bad thermals across the system.

Lutfij

Titan
Since you're on the stock cooler, those temps look fine. What were you looking for? You will need to go for an aftermarket cooler to get lower temps though that will only add to your negative return on investments.

You will also need to ditch that PSU, it's more an fire hazard than a reliable unit. Are the rams from a kit? Can you please pass on a link to the ram? You also didn't mention the case. Hampered airflow will also result in bad thermals across the system.

Solution

Razvan_aga

Honorable
Jul 3, 2017

I don't know the case, as i said, it was pre-build. But i don't have any cooler to "inhale" or "exhale" the case air, so the air flow inside is kinda bad.
The new gpu temp reached 60 on MSI Afterburner playing DOTA, with the fans on 25%, but on 50% or higher it's cold, staying on 37 or lower. (37 on 50%).
Only one slot of ram.

But the 70% usage of Dota isn't too high? The gpu is just put to work, not even strugling, while on medium-high, while the cpu is just going crazy.

The ram link: https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-ValueRAM-PC3-12800-Motherboard-KVR16N11/dp/B0089JIDLC
I bought it from my country(romania), here is the link from it, if it helps you: https://www.pcgarage.ro/memorii/kingston/valueram-8gb-ddr3-1600mhz-cl11/