CPU voltage reduction-is it safe?

qwertynosik

Honorable
Jan 4, 2017
Hello! I think, that my auto voltage for cpu is too high. I want to set voltage mod to manual and reduce cpu voltage. But I don't know, is it dangerous for cpu? I mean if new reduced voltage will be too low for cpu stable working, can it break the cpu? I want to reduce voltage and run stress test after it. If voltage will be too low, system will crash, but is it ok for cpu? Or can I find stable voltage using other method? Sorry for my English.

Solution
No under volting does not put hardware in any danger, worst case scenario as you said it is that it might lead to system instability and possible BSODs and freezes.

If those happen a lot it might corrupt OS files and Windows might start having problem functioning or booting or system drivers which can also be resolved through re-installation.

If the system is stable after you under volt it your CPU is in not in harms way.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
No under volting does not put hardware in any danger, worst case scenario as you said it is that it might lead to system instability and possible BSODs and freezes.

If those happen a lot it might corrupt OS files and Windows might start having problem functioning or booting or system drivers which can also be resolved through re-installation.

If the system is stable after you under volt it your CPU is in not in harms way.

Solution