Question Cpu wont fit in motherboard

Jan 3, 2020
Having a problem with fitting my cpu(i5 9600k) into motherboard(z390-i). It seems like the processor is too tall or the motherboard’s clamp or whatever is too short. I’ve checked and double checked the specs and it should fit, but I feel like I’m applying way too much pressure. Hopefully I can get some feedback on this, thanks in advance.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Do you have a picture of your failed install? It's really hard to give any advice without being able to see what's going on. I've been doing this for a long time and I've never seen a CPU that could not actually fit with the proper motherboard. These things aren't just cranked out of the fabrication process and dumped into boxes.

Jan 3, 2020
Do you have a picture of your failed install? It's really hard to give any advice without being able to see what's going on. I've been doing this for a long time and I've never seen a CPU that could not actually fit with the proper motherboard. These things aren't just cranked out of the fabrication process and dumped into boxes.
Well, what was the problem?

Better a dumb problem you can solve for free than a real problem that costs you a new motherboard or CPU.
Lol thanks for responding quick, I must have been really tired when putting this together because I guess I didn’t put any force at all on it. Just went back, tried again, and had no problems. Mb.