[SOLVED] CPU-Z nor Task Manager showing correct speed. It is NOT halved like every other thread talks about.

Apr 20, 2020
In my BIOS, my ram is set as 3600 MHz. In Task Manager, it shows up as 2133 MHz and in CPU-Z it shows 1066 MHz. I know it is normal for CPU-Z to show up half of what it actually is and it lines up with what is said in Task Manager. However, it is not what it shows up as in the BIOS and I am wondering what is wrong and what speed it is actually going at because I would prefer it was going the faster speed that I have it set to. Thanks for your help ahead of time!

Solution
So sorry! I thought I added my mobo to the original post. It is a B450M Gaming Plus. What should the voltages be? And I will give that a shot!

I guess the voltages aren't that important right now as you aren't technically overlocking it. But it might need a bit more juice to get it to a faster clock. Namely the DRAM voltage and the SOC voltage are the most important. I have mine set at 4.1v and 1.1v respectively, but it depends on your setup.

I think you should be able to get the RAM to a faster speed though, either with manual OC or XMP/DOCP profile.

I would start small and try to get it running at 2666mhz and make sure it's stable. Then try your luck with higher clocks. If the XMP/DOCP profile doesn't work for...

spacejunk

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2012
What is the FCLK set to in BIOS ? Should be half of your target speed. Also is the RAM supported in the QVL list for your mobo ? And is your RAM running in dual channel mode and you have them in the correct DIMM slots ?

It's also possible that you need to update your BIOS if you haven't already.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2020
What is the FCLK set to in BIOS ? Should be half of your target speed. Also is the RAM supported in the QVL list for your mobo ? And is your RAM running in dual channel mode and you have them in the correct DIMM slots ?
I'm not sure where or how I can see/change the FCLK in my BIOS. Yes the RAM is supported, running in dual channel, and there are only 2 DIMM slots so I sure hope so.

I have figured out that 2666MHz is the cap of my Ryzen 1600af but that's not close to 2133MHz and even then I should be able to overclock it, right? (I have never messed around with overclocking or anything I just know my RAM is supported to run at 3600MHz so I chose that option in the Try-It feature in my BIOS. Hope that helps!

spacejunk

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2012
I'm not sure where or how I can see/change the FCLK in my BIOS. Yes the RAM is supported, running in dual channel, and there are only 2 DIMM slots so I sure hope so.

I have figured out that 2666MHz is the cap of my Ryzen 1600af but that's not close to 2133MHz and even then I should be able to overclock it, right? (I have never messed around with overclocking or anything I just know my RAM is supported to run at 3600MHz so I chose that option in the Try-It feature in my BIOS. Hope that helps!

You could try setting a manual overlock on it at 2666mhz target speed and set the FCLK to 1333mhz and then go forward from there if it works. FCLK should be just below where you select your RAM profile. You might have to set it to manual and then restart and then adjust the values. Double check that all the voltages are correct while you're in there.

It would probably help to know which mobo you have.

Apr 20, 2020
You could try setting a manual overlock on it at 2666mhz target speed and set the FCLK to 1333mhz and then go forward from there if it works. FCLK should be just below where you select your RAM profile. You might have to set it to manual and then restart and then adjust the values. Double check that all the voltages are correct while you're in there.

It would probably help to know which mobo you have.
So sorry! I thought I added my mobo to the original post. It is a B450M Gaming Plus. What should the voltages be? And I will give that a shot!

spacejunk

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2012

I guess the voltages aren't that important right now as you aren't technically overlocking it. But it might need a bit more juice to get it to a faster clock. Namely the DRAM voltage and the SOC voltage are the most important. I have mine set at 4.1v and 1.1v respectively, but it depends on your setup.

I think you should be able to get the RAM to a faster speed though, either with manual OC or XMP/DOCP profile.

I would start small and try to get it running at 2666mhz and make sure it's stable. Then try your luck with higher clocks. If the XMP/DOCP profile doesn't work for whatever reason, do a manual OC.

BTW, have you updated the BIOS yet ? That is pretty important for memory I have found.

PS. Pay attention to the timings table on the SPD tab. Use that for reference if you do a manual OC. You might have to loosen your timings a bit as you increase your clock. Something like 16 -18 -18 - 18 - 38 for 3000mhz and beyond.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS