CPU_FAN N/A, cooler will run in a chassi fan.

Bendik Aas

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014
I recently acquired some new hardware;

Gainward GeForce GTX 670 2GB PhysX CUDA

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, Socket-1155

Intel® Core i5-3570K Processor

Corsair H60 Hydro Series CPU Kjøler

All of this is new, and when i plugged my watercooler into their respective CPU_fan spots and the cpu opt, it wont run. However, they will run if they are connected to some random chassi fan spot. Its like the top end of my motherboard doesnt receive any electricity...

I've tried reducing the rotation minimun to 300 in the BIOS, also have reseted the BIOS settings to standard and it still wont run. I recently bought 2 Noctua fans, but i have a problem running them since i cant connect my watercooler in the way it is suppposed to. If i put my CPU_fan inputs to "ignore", i can run fine and the cooler cools the CPU, but i find it annoying and not the way it is supposed to be..

Any answers would be appreciated, i am not a rocket scientist when it comes to this stuff, i just play games.

Bendik Aas

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014

That might work, i will try that.

Those 2 new noctuas will still not run on any input at all, when i connect it to the chassis 4 input, its stands idle not running. When i put it in the same chassis as i have used for the coller and pump, it works. Any ideas?

Bendik Aas

Reputable
Sep 9, 2014

Tried connecting it according to the manual, but the input is still dead and fans/coolers wont start when i put it inside the CPU_fan inputs