Question Crackling, Popping, mouse noise through speakers - what is it?!

Jayem See

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Hi all

I'm having a lot of fun (read this as tearing my hair out) with my sound right now.

I'm hearing what sounds like interference from the PC. I can hear crackles and static but also I can hear the mouse moving around as a kind of whining noise.

Here is the kicker.

I've tried it through the 3.5mm audio port and via a Scarlett 2i2 USB soundcard. The problem remains.

The speakers don't make the noise with no input coming through.
There is no weirdness running my phone through them.

The setup is:

Asus z390-a
16gb Corsair 2400
750w Modular Corsair
EVGA 2080
2x SSD
2x HDs

Speakers are Rokit 5s - these are self powered. I've tried powering them via different sockets to the pc which made zero difference.

The motherboard is new as of yesterday - the problem was evident with the old motherboard too. The Scarlett 2i2 is also new - the problem existed with the old one.

I'm stuck. Any help would be really gratefully received!

Jayem See

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Did you actually use the USB as the input and not the audio cable on the Scarlet?

This could be driver related
I did. I've done a fresh reinstall of Win 10 after replacing the motherboard a couple of days ago. I've downloaded drivers for the Scarlett and everything else I can think of.

I've also tried turning off the audio controller in the BIOS. Made no difference either way.

Jayem See

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Headphones straight into the 3.5mm jack are crystal clear. It's just when I use the speakers. Could there be a grounding issue somewhere?

Jun 8, 2019
I had the same problem and tried everything. Tried the front audio jack. Replaced the speakers. No change. FINALLY stumbled on the DTS Audio Control settings. The second I clicked Enable Playback Multi Streaming the problem went away. Works normally now with no buzz or clicking.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS