Question Crackling sound in Windows 10 ?

Sep 17, 2024
Hi! I’m Steve.

For a while now, especially during YouTube and other video playback, the sound has been crackling, like the typical digital crackling you hear when an audio CD is scratched. I’ve already reinstalled the driver to the original factory settings, but it didn’t help. I lowered the sound quality from studio to CD quality. I can’t turn off the sound enhancements because there is no option (button, tab) in the sounds, devices, or system submenus. Since it’s an older laptop, it’s no longer under warranty. Therefore, I don’t want to take it to a service center.

What else can I do?

Dell Latitude E6540
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4800MQ CPU @ 2.70GHz
RAM: 8GB
iGPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600
dGPU: AMD Radeon HD 8790M
IDT High Definition Audio Codec Driver version: 10.0.19041.3636

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'm curious to know if your audio passthrough via HDMI might be the cause of the static audio/white noise. You could use DDU and remove all GPU drivers(Intel, Nvidia and AMD) in Safe Mode, then manually reinstall the latest GPU drivers sourced from Dell's support site in an elevated command. Start with the AMD driver then move onto Intel.

Check to see if your laptop is pending a BIOS update. Following that, uninstall your audio drivers off of Device Manager and then reinstall the latest audio drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.