[SOLVED] Crash issue with "critical Kernel-Power 41 (63)" error

Dec 2, 2020
My PC is crashing randomly while playing games and when I look at event viewer I see several error and critical messages. The key one that jumped out at me was the "critical Kernel-Power 41 (63)". On investigating this some suggested it may be the power supply, I have since replaced the PSU and the issue is still happening.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the next step to diagnose this problem?

Specs:
B450 Tomahawk Max
Thermaltake Smart 600W Power Supply 80+ gold (This is the new one I just replaced)
Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte 5700xt
Gigabyte M.2 512gb storage
Corsair 16gb ram
Windows 10 Pro 64bit 2004

Further info:
Hard reset on crash
No overclocking
GPU and bios drivers upto date (no missing drivers in device manager)
XMP default profile was on but since turned off and problem still persists
I only use this PC for gaming so may crash under other loads but haven't tested. Crashes in games with varying levels of GPU demand from latest Assassins Creed games to Age of Empires 2. Does not crash while idle.
Very inconsistent and hard to reproduce as well. I can go days where I am gaming 2-4 hours a day with no crashes then get a few crashes in one session.

I have attached a screenshot of event viewer from a recent crash, please let me know if supplying more data from the event viewer will help.
Event_viewer_crash.thumb.jpg.acdbc22d7247e60a478b1e629797683c.jpg

Colif

Win 11 Master
"critical Kernel-Power 41 (63)". On investigating this some suggested it may be the power supply, I have since replaced the PSU and the issue is still happening.

Kernel event 41 is a reaction to the crash, not a cause. On every restart, windows runs a report and if it found the previous shutdown was unexpected, it creates event 41(63)

restarts without bsod aren't windows. Drivers would cause bsod. Windows appears to not know why you are restarting. Hence its likely hardware

Could be GPU if you are crashing in games.
Shouldn't be PSU since replacing it didn't fix it.
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the problem. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

What shows on the 2 WHEA logger errors that are above the one highlighted in the event viewer page?

Dec 2, 2020
Kernel event 41 is a reaction to the crash, not a cause. On every restart, windows runs a report and if it found the previous shutdown was unexpected, it creates event 41(63)

restarts without bsod aren't windows. Drivers would cause bsod. Windows appears to not know why you are restarting. Hence its likely hardware

Could be GPU if you are crashing in games.
Shouldn't be PSU since replacing it didn't fix it.
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the problem. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

What shows on the 2 WHEA logger errors that are above the one highlighted in the event viewer page?
Thanks Colif really appreciate your help. I will run memtest today but in the meantime I have attached an image of the WHEA logger errors. They mention the cpu so could this be the issue?

MlUGzGK.png

BJPIo0q.png

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution