Crash unable to reboot back into windows

Joshpa

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
Hi, I recently installed a new networking card and a few days after install I have been getting unexpected freezes. Today I was playing CS:GO and the PC froze when I tried to tab out I then shut down the PC by holding the power switch. When I tried to boot back into windows it gets stuck on the loading screen. I am able to get into safe mode. Could this potentially be an issue with the PSU? Can anyone help me?

To determine if adding the NIC (Network Interface Card) caused problems disconnect the cable and try to boot again. If that doesn't help then remove it all together and try to boot. If that doen't help it can be a lot of other problems.

Yes, it could be a PSU problem but you should debug the most recent configuration changes first.

If it doesn't boot after the above procedures go to the following link and walk through the procedures there.
Startup Problems

Joshpa

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
Hi, thank you for the information. I uninstalled the NIC and rebooted but again and it froze. Weirdly though when i put the NIC back in and restarted from safe mode the computer booted up fine...the fastest ever in fact. Here is a list of steps I have undertaken:
1.) Removed NIC reboot / reinstalled NIC and reboot
2.) Boot safe mode and ran antivirus
3.) Run memory diagnostic
4.) Gave the PC a 10-15 min break by simply removing all USB and turning off
Any other information you think may help? The strange thing is I actually ordered a new PSU only a few days ago.

Joshpa

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
I have also made sure all the drivers are upto date, the PC has been on for 10 mins now under minimal load and no freezes, however, they are unexpected. Can anyone make a conclusion based on what information I have provided you with or is there anything else you need?

Joshpa

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
Another update, sorry about these un-organised updates. After running the memory diagnostics and rebooting the PC told me that recent hardware changes had meant that the system couldn't boot and that I should install the windows disk. I simply clicked and entered the OS and it was fine. I am really confused and wanting to rip my own hair out. Any further information would be greatly appreciated.