[SOLVED] Crashes while gaming

Sep 8, 2021
I've been dealing with an issue for quite some time wherein my system will suddenly freeze, then just reboot immediately. I checked out the event log to see if I could narrow anything down, but it's unfortunately beyond my area of expertise with it. I've only noticed this occurring while I'm playing games, and it'll randomly happen. Sometimes I can play for hours and not have any issues, and other times, I'll have this event happen 4 times in the span of 20 minutes. Though, again, only while playing games. While using my computer under a workload or just for other media consumption, such as watching videos or listening to music, I never experience anything similar. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated!

Here's the log of the event from my event viewer.

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress 0
PowerButtonTimestamp 0
BootAppStatus 0
Checkpoint 0
ConnectedStandbyInProgress false
SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 0
CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0
BugcheckInfoFromEFI false
CheckpointStatus 0
CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2 0
LongPowerButtonPressDetected false

My build is as follows:

Core i5-10600k, not OC at the moment
16GB 3,200mhz DDR4 XPG RAM
Asus Z490-Plus
Corsair RM750x
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super
Samsung QVO 1TB SSD

If there are any other details that would help troubleshoot things, just let me know and I'll do my best to get any information I can to you!

Many thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? What version of Windows 10 are you on? BIOS version for your motherboard? How are you cooling that processor? Did you use Samsung's Magician App to see if your SSD is pending any firmware updates? Which two slots are the sticks of ram populating? Might want to have HWMonitor running in the background during your gaming session to keep an eye on temps. As for temps, when the system reboots, go into BIOS and check to see what the last temps reported by the motherboard shows you. That can be an indication if your processor is overheating.

As for the games, can you mention the titles you're taxing the system with? Ambient room air temps? Might want to also see if the PSU's fan is being blocked off of air/airflow. Speaking of which, make and model of your case?

Sep 8, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build? What version of Windows 10 are you on? BIOS version for your motherboard? How are you cooling that processor? Did you use Samsung's Magician App to see if your SSD is pending any firmware updates? Which two slots are the sticks of ram populating? Might want to have HWMonitor running in the background during your gaming session to keep an eye on temps. As for temps, when the system reboots, go into BIOS and check to see what the last temps reported by the motherboard shows you. That can be an indication if your processor is overheating.

As for the games, can you mention the titles you're taxing the system with? Ambient room air temps? Might want to also see if the PSU's fan is being blocked off of air/airflow. Speaking of which, make and model of your case?
Thanks for the quick reply and warm welcome! I actually just replaced the PSU recently, so it's not more than a month old at this point.

My BIOS version is 1208. I'm running Windows 10 Version 21H1, OS build 19043.1165. I'm using a Cooler Master Hyper 212 air cooler with Arctic MX-4 Thermal compound. I used a slight more than pea size when applying the compound, and using the Cooler Master MB511 Masterbox, with three 240mm intake fans on the front, and three exhaust on the top, with one in the rear.
The PSU and case has plenty of room to breathe, and ambient temperatures in the room are typically 76 degrees Fahrenheit/24.5 degrees Celsius. Typically when I monitor thermals, they don't exceed 70C, but I'll doublecheck the last reported thermals around the times of the crashes as well.

I haven't checked the Samsung Magician App, but I will do so now. The RAM is occupying the A1 and B1 slots, or 0 and 2, I'm not quite sure which to refer to them by, honestly haha, my apologies.

As for the games that are taxing the system, most recently I've been playing Destiny 2, but I've had this happen with several games in the past, such as 7 Days to Die, The Forest, Cyberpunk 2077, and even Table Top Simulator. Though mind you I do play them at 1440p with most settings on high, or even ultra. Oddly enough, I haven't experienced any crashes with Escape From Tarkov, or Satisfactory. Not as of yet, at least. Knock on wood.

EDIT:

I just downloaded the Samsung Magician tool, and my SSD is currently running on the latest firmware.

I've been dealing with an issue for quite some time wherein my system will suddenly freeze, then just reboot immediately. I checked out the event log to see if I could narrow anything down, but it's unfortunately beyond my area of expertise with it. I've only noticed this occurring while I'm playing games, and it'll randomly happen. Sometimes I can play for hours and not have any issues, and other times, I'll have this event happen 4 times in the span of 20 minutes. Though, again, only while playing games. While using my computer under a workload or just for other media consumption, such as watching videos or listening to music, I never experience anything similar. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated!

Here's the log of the event from my event viewer.

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress 0
PowerButtonTimestamp 0
BootAppStatus 0
Checkpoint 0
ConnectedStandbyInProgress false
SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 0
CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0
BugcheckInfoFromEFI false
CheckpointStatus 0
CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2 0
LongPowerButtonPressDetected false

My build is as follows:

Core i5-10600k, not OC at the moment
16GB 3,200mhz DDR4 XPG RAM
Asus Z490-Plus
Corsair RM750x
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super
Samsung QVO 1TB SSD

If there are any other details that would help troubleshoot things, just let me know and I'll do my best to get any information I can to you!

Many thanks.
are the pcie power cable alligned like this?
unknown.png

TRENDING THREADS