[SOLVED] Crashing and memory issues with PC that is only 6 months old

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

realghostbuster

Reputable
Jan 18, 2019
Hi there,

I've been having crashing and memory issues over the last month or so with my computer that is only over 6 months old. I've attached a few screenshots here of the kinds of pop up messages that I get when using certain applications: https://ibb.co/4SRTWWM

When I first had gotten the computer I experienced no issues with running a crazy amount of tabs in Google Chrome or having multiple applications running at the same time. However over the last month I get these weird pop up messages when using certain applications every now and again and randomly Chrome will freeze and the screen will go black. Sometimes I have to restart my computer. I've updated my graphic cards driver and the problem still persists.

Also I've been having this weird issue with the mouse cursor on the screen sort of stops and starts now and again almost as if it's getting stuck. It got so annoying that I replaced my mouse with a new one about 3 weeks ago and the problem still exists unfortunately.

My specs are as follows:
Ryzen 3700x
16GB Ram
ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus
RTX 2070 Super

I'm a bit worried that I've gotten some sort of virus that takes up a lot of my RAM or something. I have a significant amount of RAM so I don't understand why this is happening to my PC all of a sudden.

Any helpful information would be much appreciated!

Kind regards

Solution
What's the least finicky way to wipe and install Windows? I installed Windows on this PC(which I built myself) by downloading the installer onto a USB key so I know how to install through this method.

But what's the best way to wipe my SSD boot drive? I hardly need to wipe the other two storage drives that I have?

Are you sure there isn't something other than MalwareBytes that I could use to identify the problem?

Before you do wipe your SSD it would be worth you time to use an offline virus scanner or two that can look at everything including the boot sector of the drive...a virus can hide anywhere even in system ram between reboots. Bitdefender is a solid anti-virus...Microsoft's default is decent these days too.

The most...
D

Deleted member 14196

Reinstalling Windows on my boot drive is really extreme to me. I'd have to reinstall all of the apps that I use. It would take ages to get back to where I am at the moment.
that's why you need a good backup plan as mentioned above. and I really don't buy the ages thing. really? what could you have that is so terrible to redownload and install (only when you absolutely need it)?

if you tell me Visual Studio (that isn't even that bad) I still won't buy it. I put Windows on my pc, and Office 365, that's it. rest is games and stuff stored on separate drive.

if I had a system that needed specialized apps, I would install VMWare Player and create a VM and set THAT up for whatever development you may be doing. That can be snapshotted and backed up whenever you need to.

also, get a good backup plan established to avoid this nonsense in the future.