Question crashing/freezing/problems with half of my apps

Dec 8, 2018
Just built my second pc, first one runs perfectly, just wanted to upgrade for gaming. clean win10 pro install, all drivers installed from asus website for my mobo.

For some reason i am having problems with about half of my apps either crashing or freezing or just not opening and i will have to restart the pc to get them to open. Today i ran crystal disk mark just out of curiousity and it crashed and wouldnt close, task manager wouldnt open, had to reboot the pc. Yesterday the cam app for the nzxt kraken x52 liquid cooler stopped displaying the icon picture in the taskbar for some reason and restarting didnt fix it, when i reinstalled the app i got an error message saying.. "There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personel or package vendor". I got a windows notification saying there is a problem with apps crashing and freezing so i clicked troubleshoot and it said it couldnt fix it. While typing this, my taskbar just randomly greyed out and i couldnt click anything in it, just had to restart again. All of that being said, games run fine, i play destiny 2 1440p 144fps with no problems.. iv tried everything i know to do, unplugged everything from pc, hit power button while off.... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

specs:
  • asus rog strix z390-e
  • i7 9700k
  • asus rog strix 1080ti
  • NZXT kraken x52 liquid cooler
  • gskill trident z 3200 2x8
  • samsung ssd 970 pro nvme m.2 512gb
  • samsung ssd 860 evo 1tb for storage
  • corsair hx750 full modular psu

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of Windows 10 are you on? You should back up your critical content onto a removal drive and then proceed to reinstall your OS after you've recreated your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Dec 8, 2018
Which version of Windows 10 are you on? You should back up your critical content onto a removal drive and then proceed to reinstall your OS after you've recreated your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

thanks and yea shortly after i posted i noticed my game was stuttering so i ended up doing that and it fixed the original problems. but now there is something going on with my graphics card or drivers or something, im getting massive frame drops and stuttering in game.... i uninstalled drivers, clean reinstalled drivers, tried different versions. any suggestions... thanks again for your time

TRENDING THREADS