Crashing on all games with varying error messages

Jul 26, 2018
No matter what game I currently play I get crashes at different times all related to my GPU. The issue is new as of a couple months ago.

The error I get is dependent on the game itself and I will lay out some of them below. I will send any crash reports you may need I just really need to get this fixed, it's causing me a lot of pain and stress at the moment so I really need your help.

I have checked my temps and activity graphs(?) and no unusual CPU spikes are seen and my temps on all PC components rarely gets above 65 degrees.

Shadow of War - "The GPU will not respond to anymore commands"

Fortnite - UE4 engine crash

Kingdom come deliverance - Directx failure

Enter the gungeon - Normally screen freezes followed by desktop crash

Divinity 2 - Direct x crash

Attempted solutions

Lowering graphics
Dropping GPU clockspeed -90mhz
Reinstalling games
Reinstalling Directx (not super confident about this was more complicated)
Reinstalled graphics drivers
Windows reinstall to brand new SSD

PC specs

CPU - Ryzen 1700x
GPU - Nvidia gtx 1070
RAM - 8gb corsair vengeance 3000mhz DDR4
Storage - 2 x 250Gb SSD
PSU - Corsair CX550 (cannibalized from old set up so couple years older than other components)

If there are rules against rewards, is there a place where I can go for that? Not offering just yet but this issue has plagued me for ages now and I think that is my next step.

Solution
PSU would be the prime suspect in my mind.

May no longer be up to the task of supporting the overall system and the GPU in particular.

PS. No rewards are needed or expected here. People help because they wish to do so.

And, worst case, you may need to buy a new component or two.

Ralston18

Titan
PSU would be the prime suspect in my mind.

May no longer be up to the task of supporting the overall system and the GPU in particular.

PS. No rewards are needed or expected here. People help because they wish to do so.

And, worst case, you may need to buy a new component or two.

Solution